Dear Evan Hansen AU

Ok so I saw Dear Evan Hansen on Wednesday cause it was touring and it was phenomenal. So I got the idea to create an au for some SU characters to be shoved in to DEH! Some characters might be an odd choice but I tried my best. Connie is Evan, Lars is Jared, Kevin is Connor. Steven is I guess Zoe? If you've seen the musical it may be weird but It doesn't follow it exactly. I needed some Connverse moments. I hope you enjoy!

TW: Some swearing and slight mature themes

Connie's POV

 It was my first day of senior year, I was a little nervous. Wait no, I was really nervous. There are so many people there, people who will watch you, judge you, bully you. I shiver at the thought of it, but I somehow manage to push them aside and take a deep breath. I stood in front of the school and walked in.

People were hustling all around, talking to their friends, trying to find classes, it was chaos. I made my way through the crowd and was about to get to my locker until my friend, well, family friend stepped in front of me. It was Lars, he glanced down at my cast and then back at me.

"Is it weird to be the first person in history to break their arm from pleasing themself too much or do you consider it an honor?" He crossed his arms and smirks. My face went red as I gave off a mad and confused look.

"What? I didn't, I wasn't..doing that." I stuttered out, I fidgeted with the hem of my blue dress as Lars unfolded his arms.

"Paint me a picture, you're in your bedroom, you've got Steven Universe's Instagram up on your weird off-brand cell phone-" he was about to go on but I cut him off.

"That's not what happened! Obviously, I was, um, well I was climbing a tree and I fell." I said simply. He stood there silently before he was hunched over laughing.

"You fell out of a tree? What are you, like, an acorn?" he said in between laughs. I ran a hand through my hair nervously as his laughter died down.

"Well, I was, I don't know if you know this but I'm a pretty good photographer, not to brag or anything but." Lars looked at me with a blank expression, I looked down.

"Anyway, I tried climbing this forty-foot-tall oak tree to get a good photo-" he then cut me off.

"And then you fell?" he finished, I looked up and smiled nervously.

"Well, except it's a funny story because there were a solid ten minutes after I fell, when I just lay there on the ground waiting for someone to come and get me. Any second now, I kept saying to myself. Any second now, here they come." I finished. I looked at Lars and waited for him to start laughing, but he didn't. He just stood there with his arms crossed.

"Did they?" he asked, I shook my head.

"No, Nobody came, That's the, that's what's funny!" I piped laughing a little, I looked at him hoping for a little chuckle from my ridiculous ordeal but he just slapped his forehead in annoyance.

"Jesus Christ," he responded shaking his head. I stood there silently. Only the sounds of the students talking could be heard. I cleared my throat and spoke, breaking the silence.

"How was, what did you do for the, you had a good summer?" I asked with a little stuttering. He perked up a bit.

"Well, my bunk dominated in capture the flag and I got to second base below the bra with this girl from our city actually who's gonna be touring with her band soon so, yeah, hopefully, that answers your question." He put his hands in his pockets and turns to go away but I quickly grabbed him by the elbow. He turns around and pulls his elbow away from my grip.