Conflict of Interests

2 weeks later

"Are you sure you have to go?" You whine, your blanket wrapped loosely around your nakedness as Namjoon sat at the edge of your bed redressing himself.

"Yea baby. I can't miss this session tonight. Working on tracks for the show next week.." Namjoon drags his shirt over his head. You hop up and waddle over to him, resting your chin on his shoulder.

"I knoooow. I just like sleeping with you." You sigh, nuzzling his neck.

"Well you know, if I had a key...I could come back here tonight. My session may run kind of late. I hate to wake you up just so you could open the door." He says, leaning his head onto yours.

"I love how subtle you are," you say lazily as you flop back onto your bed.

"I'm just saying" Namjoon shrugs as he bends down to reach for his shoe.

"We already talked about this Joonie.." you sigh, rubbing your eye as the post-coital sleepiness began to set in.

"Not really. I bring it up and you just deflect." He responds as he fiddles with his shoelaces.

"Oooh Deflect? Nice use of that word. Who taught you that? Dr.Park?" You tease.

"Haha funny! You know what? I only agreed to switch therapists because of your whole "conflict of interest" crap. And by the way, he's nowhere near as sexy as you so our sessions bore the fuck out of me already." Namjoon scoffs, making you giggle.

"Oh, you'll be alright. You weren't gaining anything from being my patient anymore anyway. Besides how to be inconspicuously inappropriate " you say, sliding the tip of your foot up his back flirtatiously.

"It was fun making you cum in your office and you ruined it." Namjoon pouts, turning to catch your foot after it tickled his spine enough.

"You're such a baby Joonie" you laugh than a yawn.

Namjoon stands to zip his pants, regarding you affectionately. He leans down over the bed to hover over you, pecking your nose softly.

"I'm always here anyway. And I have no issue giving you a key to my place." He continues.

"Gaah you're persistent! We can talk about this later. Take my key and let yourself back in tonight ok?" You huff, leaning up to kiss his lips a few more times before pushing him away.

"Go before you're late for your session." You grumble. You just wanted to sleep and Namjoon would pester you all night about the topic if he had the time.

"Ok baby" he grins with satisfaction. With one final kiss on your forehead, he leaves you alone to sleep as he heads out to his car.

Namjoon pulls up to the studio 20 minutes later. The session progresses normally as Namjoon and the other artist Jhope work on mixing tracks. They take a short break where Namjoon walks back to his car to grab his phone charger.

Just as he approaches the glass door entrance, he sighs in exasperation at the person walking towards it from the other side.

"Sup Monster..." Mia steps into the doorway smiling.

"Mia..." Namjoon says flatly. She blocks him from entering and he sighs again in frustration.

"Why are you so stiff? It's just me Baby, you don't have to be like that" Mia mews, reaching to touch Namjoons arm.

"Don't play dumb Mia" He responds, moving to avoid her touch. She drops her hand and hisses an arrogant laugh.

"Still the same Namjoon I see..." she tisks.

"Still holding grudges. Didn't Dr.Ivy tell you about that?" She teases.

"I gotta get back to work, I don't have time for this..." Namjoon pushes past Mia inside the building. She looks back and seethes as he stalked angrily into the studio. Reaching in her pocket for her lighter and box of cigarettes, she lights one and takes a drag before walking to her car.

Namjoon swings the studio door open and plants himself on the couch behind the engineer's chair.

Mia's voice fills the room, making Namjoon groan in annoyance.

She was an incredible singer and was now one of the artists featuring on J hopes solo project. Of course, neither he nor the other artist Yoongi knew anything about his history with her and he preferred to keep it that way.
Jhope walks into the studio holding a coffee cup just as the engineer was playing back Mia's vocals again for mixing. He makes a face of disgust which in the music world meant the opposite, meaning he was extremely impressed and approved of what he was listening to.

"I cant believe we found her on such short notice. Her voice is amazing" he remarked
He sits near Namjoon, his head bobbing enthusiastically to the beat.

Namjoon was all too familiar with Mia and her abilities. He still had a bad taste in his mouth because of it. Song hadn't pressed the issue when it came to her, but Namjoon felt guilty about not being completely honest about his ties to Mia. He didn't think it would be relevant until Mia started popping up at the same studio he was working at with Jhope and Yoongi. They of course knew nothing about Mia or Song, aside from the short conversation he had with Yoongi a few weeks ago.

Namjoon wanted to keep it that way. He wasn't about to let his private life mix with his professional life ever again.

Although he wasn't a fan of Mia's character, he couldn't deny her talent.

"Yeah...this is the last track right?" Namjoon asks, effectively changing the subject. Jhope nods and picks up his phone to scroll through the tracklist in his notes.

"Yep. Once this one is mixed we can start rehearsal at the venues. One more week until showtime." He says, eyes lighting up with excitement.

Namjoon smirks at him and leans back.
"This is your first major show huh?" Namjoon asks.

Jhope nods again.

"I can tell" he chuckles. Namjoon stands and stretches his back then pats his pockets in search of Song's house keys.

"Shit....shit.." he mumbles. Jhope slides back on the couch to look up at Namjoon.

"Hey, man have you seen a set of keys in here?" Namjoon says, a hint of panic in his voice.

"Your car keys?" Jhope replies, patting the couch cushions.

"No..they're my girl's keys. I just had them before I went out to my car.." Namjoon continues to search the studio. He looks underneath the couch and slides his hand as far back as he can reach.

Then a thought occurs to him.

"....maybe I dropped them in my car or in the hall." He mumbles. He jumps up and swings the studio door open and gasps at the jingling sound that follows. Dangling by the key ring on the doorknob are Song's keys.

"That's pretty weird and lucky. Maybe someone found them." Jhope suggests.

"....yea..." Namjoon snatches the keys from the door and steps into the hallway. There was no one.

He clasped the keys tightly in his hand as he stared down the empty hall towards the glass door at the end.

"Come on RM, let's run through every finished track then let's get out of here," Jhope calls to him from inside the room.

"..weird.." Namjoon thinks suspiciously, but he gives it no more thought as he turned to shut the studio door behind him.