chapter 13

Veronica woke up and got ready for work.
"Maybe I was too hard on Dazai," she said to herself. "But, I just don't like sneaking around," She added. She decided to walk to work. The sun was bright and the sky was a pastel blue. Should I tell Chuuya? I don't want him to hate me though, but he wouldn't hate me, would he? She didn't like lying to Chuuya because he treated Veronica very kindly. She walked into the Port Mafia building and saw Chuuya.
"Hey," Veronica greeted.
"Oh hi, did you hear that the detective agency is going to try take down The guild today?" Chuuya asked.
"Oh, really? I doubt they'd actually be able to do anything, but I guess they are stronger then they seem, so who knows," Veronica shrugged. Should I tell him now? Veronica gulped and fiddled with her hands.
"Hey, theres something I want to tell you and I've wanted to tell you for ages now, but I've been to scared of what you will think," Veronica felt sick from the nervousness.
"You know there's no need to be scared of what I'll think, what is it?" Chuuya asked with a smile.
"Well, it's Dazai," Veronica sighed.
"You didn't get with him again, did you!?" Chuuya questioned.
"Well, yeah, I did, but I told him it has to stop, so it's over and done now," Veronica defended.
"Didn't you say that last time?" Chuuya narrowed his eyes at her.
"Chuuya, you know what he's like, he can be very persuasive, look, I'm sorry! Please, I hated lying to you," Veronica was scared that he would hate her. Chuuya starred at the ground and was silent.
"Veronica, I care about you, but you lied to me, I forgive you, but I need some time to think about this," Chuuya quickly walked away.
"Wait Chuuya-" Veronica yelled out, but was cut off when she noticed Akutagawa. He was quickly walking out of the Mafia building.
"Hey, where are you going?" Veronica followed behind him.
"I'm going to show the were-tiger how much more superior I am to him," Akuatagawa quickly walked away.
"I wonder what he's up to?" Veronica said aloud.

Veronica wanted to go to Chuuya, but wanted to let him process what she said. She walked into Mori's office.
"Hey Mori," She said.
"Oh hello Veronica, what's the reason you're here?" He asked.
"Well, Akuatagawa might be going to do something reckless, do you know about it?" Veronica asksd.
"Not at all," he looked confused.
"That's wierd, he said he wanted to show the were-tiger how much more superior he was or something," Veronica replied.
"Oh I see," Mori smiled. "I'll call Dazai and give him a heads up," Mori added. Veronica got nervous whenever she heard someone mention his name.
"Actually speaking about Dazai, you haven't been speaking to him, have you? Be honest," Mori said.
"No, of course not," she lied.
"Ok," he smiled. Veronica quickly left his office and sighed. I wonder if he knows? She wondered if had any idea of what she had been up to. Finally she saw Chuuya again. She slowly approached him and stood next to him. They were silent for a bit until Chuuya spoke.
"Look, Veronica, I'm not actually angry, just dissapointed, but I thought about it and I can't control you, you can speak and see whover you want, I guess I just wanted you to be safe, so please at least promise me you'll be safe," Chuuya finally said.
"Yes, I promise," she smiled. He smiled and decided to hug her. They looked out a large window and watched the sky. Different colours filled the sky and made different patterns.
"Do you think that's them fighting?" Veronica asked.
"Yep," Chuuya answered.
"I wonder who will win," Veronica said.
"Well, it's hard to say, but the Agency isn't as weak as they seem," Chuuya replied.
"Yeah, I hope Akutagawa is safe," Veronica said.
"I'm sure he is," Chuuya replied.

A day passed and it was late in the afternoon. Chuuya and Veronica walked to Mori's office.
"I can't believe that Atushi kid and Akutagawa really stopped the Moby Dick," Veronica smiled.
"Yeah, but Akutagawa did act recklessly and will most likely be punished," Chuuya said.
"What!? He did so well though, you can't punish him," Veronica replied. Finally they pushed open the big wooden doors to Mori's office. They saw Mori and Kouyou sitting on big red chairs. Mori's large window was open and the bright orange sunset shone threw. Chuuya brang out a big expensive bottle of wine.
"So generous, isn't this your treasure?" Kouyou said while looking at the red wine in her glass.
"If there's a better occasion to open this baby up, then I don't know what it is, lets make a toast," Chuuya responded.
"To victory," Mori said while everyone raised their wine glasses up and drank the wine.
"Mm delicious," Mori smiled.
"Boss, how should we punish Akutagawa?" Chuuya asked.
"He was a crucial element in our success, Akutagawa has always been a bit of a loose cannon, as many as he's gone rouge causing mayhem in the process, he's always gotten results, as long as he continues to succeed, there will be no repercussions," Mori answered. "I wanted to ask you Kouyou, when you were captured by the Agency, why didn't you try to escape?" Mori asked. Veronica got a bit nervous and hoped he wouldn't ask her how she did escape.
"Hmm now why didn't I escape? Perhaps the tea was just to die for," Kouyou smiled. Kouyou sat and thought for a moment. "Dazai had already seen how all this would play out to the very end, what a terrifying man," Kouyou added. Chuuya looked annoyed and Veronica felt nervous whenever someone mentioned him.
"Listen Kouyou your powers are undeniable, if you wanted to leave the Port Mafia and go after Kyouka, it would be quite difficult to stop you from doing so," Mori said.
"I know that, sadly I have to help a clumsy leader with reestablishing their organisation," Kouyou replied. The rest of the night went smoothly and they all went home. Veronica laid in her bed and felt a bit upset. She did really miss Dazai.