BramblexSquirrel

Requested by: tessalucy

Brambleclaw was on hunting patrol Squirrelflight and her old mentor Dustpelt. They all had just arrived at the new lake territory. This was after Brambleclaw, Squirrelflight, Tawnypelt, and Mistyfoot had just looked around the lake territory scouting out the territory. They were going to try and settle into the territory the next day. For now the three were just one of a couple hunting patrols sent out. To hunt for everybody.

This hunt was also Squirrelflight's first hunt as a warrior so she excited. Brambleclaw couldn't help but feel all warm and fuzzy when Squirrelflight smiled or was happy. He deep down knew he liked her but he wasn't willing to admit to himself.

Squirrelflight herself really liked Brambleclaw. She has for a while but she wasn't so sure he liked her since sometimes he didn't act like it. But she did plan on confessing soon. But she was trying to find the right moment.

Brambleclaw stalked the squirrel he leaped and nips the back of It's neck killing it. He returned to his group "Good job Brambleclaw!" Squirrelflight purrs when she saw Brambleclaw's kill. Brambleclaw flicked his ear glancing away in embarrassment. Dustpelt chuckles. "Alright let's head back. We all have our catches. Dustpelt picked up two thrushes Squirrelflight nods picking up her two mice. Dustpelt lead the group back.

Squirrelflight was thinking maybe she should ask to share her catch with him but noticed Brambleclaw slowed down to walk next to her. She glanced at him expectantly. "Hey you did a great job hunting today" Brambleclaw's mew was muffled by the fur of the squirrel he was carrying. Squirrelflight purrs "you did just as good!" Brambleclaw flicks his ear in response.

The two start talking as they walked breaking the silence. Dustpelt had went on ahead leaving them alone trusting they could return back to camp on their own. Plus camp wasn't that far. "Brambleclaw we should share that squirrel you caught when we get back." Squirrelflight suggests "I would like that." Brambleclaw flicks his tail. "Hey Squirrelflight can we talk for a moment?" Brambleclaw asks stopping. Squirrelflight stops in her tracks turning ro face Brambleclaw. She drops her pray "of course" the ginger she-cat looks at the tom. Brambleclaw also sets his pray down. He clears his throat "Squirrelflight I don't know how too but I guess in a way I'm admitting it to myself as well as you. I've liked you for a while now and I was wondering if you would be my mate?" He asks he shifts his weight while lightly bitting his bottom lip waiting for the she-cats response nervously. Squirrelflight's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. "Yes!" she purrs nuzzling into the warrior. It kinda shocked the tom he wasn't expecting after a few moments he nuzzled back "we should head back now." Brambleclaw states. Squirrelflight nods as she pulls away from the toms warmth she flashes him a smile.

Brambleclaw smiles back he picks up his pray. Both start walking tails intertwined. They talked in hushed whispers the whole way back.

A/n: sorry it kinda sucks but I tried hope you like it