It Has Always Been You

Start from the beginning

Joon-gi.

He was standing right in front of her with his cart and another woman with her arm linked with his. The woman clearly looked eligible enough to be his lover. The way they were linking arms together and the diamond ring on the woman's finger just makes it true. Sooyoung's mouth trembled, her breath coming back shortly after it stopped for a bit. The sight of Joon-gi coming out all of a sudden was unexpected as they had not seen each other in 6 years as far as she knew. The feeling of a heartache and love sickness came and hit Sooyoung with a strong blow that she didn't have the time to see it coming.

J: Sooyoung? Is that you?

The familiar, deep tone in his voice made her heart weak with love that she almost forgot herself with her cart carrying her groceries. Of course, Joon-gi was and still is her first love after-all, but she snapped out of it as soon as her eyes landed back again on the woman's ring.

And so with no answer and avoiding looking into his eyes, Sooyoung pushed her cart to the other side and pushed past him, her heart crushing once again as this was the second time of her to leave Joon-gi with no answers to the questions he desperately wanted to ask of her.

At the moment, her eyes glazed itself with tears as she headed for the cashier to leave the place as quick as possible to avoid going into the intersection he was waiting for her in. Sooyoung, mumbling her hello as the cashier exchanged her greeting, impatiently and quickly pulled out her credit card as the cashier scanned her items, trying to hurry away from the supermarket as fast as possible.

After paying for her groceries and putting them in the cart, Sooyoung walked out with a shaky breath, trying to hold back the tears that are beginning to form in her eyes as she paced towards her car. The thought of Joon-gi married to another woman bothered Sooyoung in many ways but she understood that the man wouldn't stay single his whole life. Hell, she doesn't expect her feelings for him to be reciprocated. Of course, after losing contact and not seeing each other for 6 years, she wouldn't expect anything other than resentment towards her for cutting ties with him.

Sooyoung was deeply in love with Joon-gi. even during her relationship with Ki Young, the only person who could make her heart flutter with happiness was him. The feelings she felt for him was stronger than what she felt for Ki Young. Ki Young then became aware that Joon-gi might steal her away from him and so, he forced her to cut ties with him.

Alas, she still felt terrified when it comes to love, but the longing for him is becoming harder for Sooyoung to bear, and the ache in her heart increased greatly when she remembered that he had married already.

Or at least that's what her eyes told her so.

A sound of a footstep was drawing close to Sooyoung but she made no heed to it and continued to pack the groceries into the trunk of the car. When she was finally done, she took a deep breath to try to stifle the heartache, but the familiar scent of an aftershave mixed with Calvin Klein's Eternity caused her to flinch and slip out a gasp as she turned around and found herself face to face with Joon-gi.

At that moment, Sooyoung felt paralyzed. Her body movement stood still on the ground, the sound of her heartbeat beating faster than ever and the sound felt so loud to her ears that it was agonizing.

JG: It's been a while, Sooyoung.

Seoul's cold wind blew through Sooyoung's chestnut colored hair as she stood still, unable to utter a word but continuously staring at Joon-gi, with tears in her eyes like she was ready to cry at any moment even if she tried to move her lips to speak. She didn't know how to face him after all these years. After he tried to contact her so many times to ask about her or to beg for her to speak to him, to tell him what was wrong, she never contacted him back. That was when everything went wrong and it was all because of that bastard of her boyfriend.