Where Do I Go Now?

Darting across the sky in a flash, with a trail of green as the only trace of a path, a familiar face leapt from the ground. Ricocheting off of nearby buildings, climbing higher, and carefully calculating the best angle and speed of each jump. Clad in light armor, rapier at her side, the ever-alert Ais Wallenstein raced against time to save this person from certain doom. The onlookers below could do nothing but watch and hope that she reached him in time. Once he was in range, she sprang forward from the middle of Babylon with her arms stretched out. Everything depended on timing. Too early or too late meant missing the catch. Being unprepared for reception could harm them both in the process. There was very little time to think, especially regarding the consequences. The only thing to do was act.

"There!" she shouted, her body meeting his as they intersect in midair. Her momentum, along with her light step ability, was enough to slow them both down. Below, the crowd cheered as the famed Sword Princess glided down to a nearby building.

Ais set down this newcomer on the roof, observing him as he sat himself up. "That was close. How do you feel?"

"My heart is still racing." The stranger confirmed. "I'm going to have nightmares about falling for a very long time, but I'm fine."

"Where did you come from?"

"Good question. It would be easier to say that I came from another world. One moment I slept in my bed after a long day at work. Next thing I knew, I'm falling to my death."

The words 'another world' repeated multiple times in Ais' head. There are many strange occurrences and various types of people coming and going in Orario. Having someone appear from the sky was new to her. The closest comparison would be the gods and goddesses that grace the land. However, this person sitting in front of her was no god. At least, none that she would recognize. Based on his words, the sole conclusion to this mystery is that this person really came from somewhere else.

"Can you return home?" Ais asked genuinely. "It is too far for me to throw you back into the sky."

Perplexed by that statement, the man stood up and sighed. "Doubt it. I won't even question how silly that solution sounded just now."

"I'm sorry. I really thought it would work."

"I understand that, Ais. I may have to face the reality that I might be stuck here now."

Ais paused. "Wait, how do you know my name? I don't recall telling you that at all."

The stranger peeked down at the ground from the edge of the roof. There was nowhere to climb down, and the ground was still a long way from where they were. Still, he bought himself enough time to come up with an answer.

"Let's just say you're very famous where I come from."

She smiled just a little. "I'm famous even in another world?" she thought to herself. Ais' talents and accomplishments reach well beyond Orario, but the scope of that reputation reaching a place far beyond her reach was astounding. Of course, the lie was satisfactory enough not to raise further questions.

"I'm Deion. Nice to finally meet you." he said, extending his hand. She meets him halfway and grasps it firmly.

"Ais Wallenstein. You already knew that, but nice to meet you all the same. What will you do now?"

"Not sure. If I'm going to be stuck here for the rest of my life, then I will have to find a place to stay. But first...I'd like to get off this roof, if you don't mind."

She looked around, seemingly realizing where they have been standing for the last ten minutes. "You have a point. I can take you to my guild to see if they can help. I must warn you: my goddess is...hard to reel in sometimes."