She wanted to be sad about leaving her old faction behind, just a little bit. But she couldn't fight back the excitement that she felt. Annabella didn't belong in Amity and anyone who knew her could attest to that. She was brave and she was courageous. She stepped out of line more than once and she had no problem breaking Amity's society rules.

As she was about to step out of the fields, a force hit her stomach harshly. She let out a slight 'oof' sound, taken back by the impact and she looked down. Her little brother had wrapped himself around her waist, smiling up at her with a toothless grin. "Hi Anna."

Annabella smiled at the boy, messing around with his messy brown hair for a moment. "What's up?"

"Dad told me to come in." Chandler told her, unhooking him arms from her to grab her hand in his small one. He skipped side by side with her on the way to their house. "Are you excited for tomorrow?"

She nodded. "Yes, I am."

"Are you going to stay here?" 

Annabella looked down at Chandler, who stared back with wide brown eyes. She smiled at him, stopping in her tracks to kneel down. Annabella placed her hands on his shoulders. "Chandler, you know I'm not allowed to talk about this stuff with you."

"I know." He mumbled, kicking a rock with his shoe. "But I don't want you to leave."

Annabella sighed, pulling her brother into her and kissing his head. "It'll be okay."

She did hate that she was leaving her brother. He was young, and once she left, he would be the only child left in the house. He still had quite a few years until he took his aptitude test, considering the fact that he was only eight.

"Come on." She pulled away from him and grabbed his hand. "Let's get ready for bed."

Chandler sighed, but followed behind Annabella willingly. She sent him towards the bathroom, telling him to take a bath before bed and waited on him to finish. When he was done, she gave him fresh pajamas and told him goodnight. Annabella waited until the door was shut before she began to get ready for bed. 

Tomorrow was the day. The day her life would finally start.

---

The schoolyard was buzzing with noise when Annabella arrived the next morning. Her eyes wandered around the courtyard, observing each faction with hawk-like eyes. The Candors were talking amongst each other loudly, all of them looking excited about the test that was about to happen.

Abnegation was silent for the most part, but Annabella could see some girls lean together and whisper between themselves. She moved to Erudite next, noticing that they were separated into their own little groups, muttering in their own spaces.

Amity was alive with joy - everyone had a smile on their faces as they talked about what they expected from their tests. Annabella watched them, feeling so distant from her faction. The girls and boys smiled happily, laughing with their friends and waving at people from other factions. One girl was conversing with a boy from Erudite, both smiling widely at each other.

"This is awesome, isn't it?" Annabella felt a hand land on her shoulder and she looked over to see her friend, Naomi. Annabella and Naomi had been friends for ages, though they were polar opposites. 

Naomi was the epitome of Amity - she was always happy, always willing to help out someone who was in need. Her tanned face was always lit up with a dazzling smile, her brown eyes light with joy. 

Annabella snorted. "What's awesome about it?"

"Don't be like that!" Naomi laughed. "I expected you to be more excited about today."

The sound of a train caused her to look away from her dark-haired friend. Annabella watched the train pull across the schoolyard with wide eyes, a smile forming on her full, pink lips as she watched Dauntless members jump from the train. They shouted as they jumped, announcing their arrival loudly. 

Annabella smirked. "I'll be more excited when it's actually Choosing day."

Naomi smiled at her friend. "I know you will be. Now come on, it's starting!"

Naomi pulled Annabella to the Amity section, tugging her into the seat next to her. An Erudite woman stepped to the front, her high-heeled shoes echoing around the room loudly. She cleared her throat and began to speak to the room, mentioning the war and how the factions were formed. 

She mentioned how the aptitude test would assign you to the faction you were best suited for, and then she stepped back. Another woman stepped up with a list and began calling off the first ten teenagers who would be tested. Annabella would be one of the first to go, considering she was early in alphabetical order.

She wiped her hands on her yellow shirt, slowly growing more and more nervous. What if she was wrong? What if she really was Amity and that was what her aptitude test would show? What if she wasn't Dauntless?

Naomi squeezed her hand, alerting her that they had called her name. Annabella took a deep breath and smiled at Naomi. She stood, walking towards the front of the room and began to follow an Abnegation boy who was also called back. She stopped at the door down from the boy and took another deep breath.

It was time to find out who she really was.

***

Hello everyone! I'm super excited for this story and I hope you guys are too!
Leave some feedback and let me know what you think is going to happen!

pleuvoirx