Meet Cute

I was walking in the rain without an umbrella and I should be thankful that my backpack is a waterproof thing.

Between the batters of rain, I heard a voice following me 'Hey you!'

I turned to see Cathy, the cute girl lives below my floor walking behind me. She wore a jean and pink and a white stripped tees. And she held an blue umbrella in one and some old books in her other hand. It was a hardcover and three paperbacks.

I moved back under a terrace and she joined me. 'Hey... You are_'

'We live in the same apartment.' She hardly managed to keep the both hands balanced. 'I'm Cathy, by the way.'

'Yes. I know I have seen you, Cathy. I'm Steve.' I wished to shake her hands but I noticed those are busy.

'Steve, Can you do me a favor?' Her hair was slightly wet. 'My books are getting wet and I can't help myself. Can you keep this in your bag? I will take back when we reach home.'

'Yeah, sure. But I have to check if it has more space to fit yours.' I took off my bag and unzipped it for her.

She was peering into my bag and amazed to see those three old paperbacks that I have purchased in the same old books fair she had.

She smiled at me 'They will fit absolutely.'

Then I keep our books and we walked to home under her umbrella together.