Chapter 40: Step One

Ben's POV:

Rey's eyes were so soft and full of so much love as she spoke softly to me as she explained her plan, her hand still resting on my cheek, but still felt the anger rising in me after what Seth did to my girl. I don't even know who I am at the moment but I agree with her, I don't like her plan. I don't even let her finish explaining when I interrupt her. "No, I refuse to let you do this, it's too dangerous," I yell at her. I need her to see why this plan of hers is a bad idea. "I know I can pull it off, besides you guys will be close by and..." She starts but I cut her off. "I can't lose you again! I just got you back! We just lost our child, our child Rey. If you were to die I would have nothing!" I shout a bit too harshly. Her eyes threatened to spill over with tears and I can feel my tears threatening to spill over as well. "Rey." I pull her closer to me. "Rey... my love... I will follow you wherever the force takes us... but I refuse to let you just throw your life away on a half thought out plan." Tears start to flow freely down both our faces and I tighten my grip around her, pressing her further into my chest. I knew she was right and this plan was probably our best shot but I didn't want to risk losing her. We decide to take a day and talk it over again in the morning.

Rey's POV:

Ben went to bed early, I wanted to join him but I needed to find Rose. I don't want to do this to Ben but this is something that needs to be done for everyone's sake. I kiss the top of his forehead and I whisper in his ear, "Goodbye my love, if you don't see me again. I will always be with you through the force. I love you Ben." I ended up finding Rose in one of the labs. "Is that antiserum ready yet?" I asked her, I need her to make a large batch just in case Poe is not the only one under the influence of this serum anymore. "Here," She says handing me a case of a few dozen "There is no guarantee that it will work though since it hasn't been tested yet." She explains and I nod my head to show my understanding. "Rose I need your help with some things," I say than explain the plan to her that I just told Ben. She doesn't like it either but she agrees anyway and puts everyone to work as I go and prepare the Falcon.

Ben's POV:

When I woke up everything was blurry and my head was pounding from the migraine starting to form, I noticed I could not sense Rey through our bond. Panic went through me, Rey would not cut our bond off without a reason, I needed to figure out what the force was going on.