Next, we made a stop to a shoe store tapos siya na rin ang pumili ng sapatos. Para ngang ligayang-ligaya pa siya habang sinusukat 'yon sa paa ko. Di ko kagayang suyang-suya sa ginagawa niya.

I'm no Cinderella and he's not my Prince Charming. Not in this fairytale. No.

Hinatid niya ako sa bahay after that to prepare for our dinner.

--

Naaasar ako sa hitsura niya. Why does he have to look so dapper? Kung pangit lang 'to, ang daling iwanan e. Kung wala siyang hitsura, hindi magkakaganito ang buhay ko in the first place.

He smiled and looked at me appeciatively.

"See? It suits you," he declared, proud of himself for being right... yet again.

I rolled my eyes—a habit quickly forming. "Whatever."

He handed me the bouquet he's holding. Tinanggap ko 'yon. I'll throw it later on the trash pag-uwi ko. Di ko magagawa ngayon kasi nandito pa siya.

When the bouquet was out of his hand, he leaned and touched my cheek saka siya tumungo para halikan 'yon.

Saka siya bumulong...

"Happy 5th year anniversary."

Shit.

Nag-a-anniversary pa pala kami? Huh, I totally forgot. No, actually, I don't even know we have one. Nag-celebrate ba kami last year? 'Di ko maalala.

"Anniversary natin?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

"Talaga? Sorry. I actually don't remember us having one."

His smile faded. Saka siya nag-iwas ng tingin at napalunok. "We went to Paris last year. Milan—two years ago. We cruised on the Aegean Sea before that and then on the first we..." His voice trailed off, maybe trying to remember what happened on the first.

Or maybe he just couldn't say it to my face. On our first wedding anniversary, he took me to the Bahamas for our honeymoon. He didn't know back then that I heard him colluding with his father to get his grandfather's inheritance through me. I remember begrudgingly fulfilling my obligations as a wife and maybe he was gentle and patient with me back then, but I couldn't remember any of that because I was so busy hating him.

Since that vacation, lalo ng lumayo ang loob ko sa kanya. I even filed a TRO against him. Syempre pa, it was lifted immediately because of his strong connections pero simula noon, siya na mismo ang hindi lumalapit.

"O ano? Tatayo na lang ba tayo dito? I'm starving," reklamo ko.

His face lifted and he gave me a quick smile saka ako inakay pasakay ng kotse. We went inside at sumiksik ako sa pinakasulok. I wanted to be away from him as much as possible.

He sighed, revved the engine and drove to the restaurant.

We were met there by the two handsome owners—namely, Kent and France. They were not in their usual chef's uniform. They were wearing tuxes. They personally led us to the special table they reserved for us, complete with the rose petals, candles and wedding singers. Yuck.

"Here's your gargouillou," Kent announced then winked at me. My my... he's still a flirt even with married women. Narinig kong tumikhim si Daniel.

"Thanks, Kent," I said to Kent and flashed him my sweetest smile. Then I glanced at Daniel and saw his jaw clench. Galing lang. Galing mag-portray ng jealousy.

We ate the food and waited for the next order.

"White tuna poached in olive oil," Kent announced as he and France served the food. All smiles na naman siya sa 'kin. Grabe, ang ganda ko talaga.