"Pray you don't regret it this time Dua Agha Khan. I will haunt you for the rest of your life" her voice rang in my ears.

"Dua?" Ammi called me I looked at her she stood infront of me.

"Beta are you OK?" She asked. That's when the dam broke. I cried on her shoulder.

"Beta what happened?" She asked worried.

"Ammi..." I wailed in her arms

"Dua what's wrong. Your worrying me. If not me then who will tell" she said hugging me tight.

"What's going on here. Why is Dua crying so badly" came the deep voice of Baba.

I can't take it anymore. I can't.

"Baba...." I said looking up at him with tears rolling down my face.

He looked stunned. He had tears welling his eyes. I ran in his arms, he too a while but hugged me close. I clutched his kurta and cried my heart out. I lied to my own family. I can't start my new life with a lie. I have to do this.

"D-Dua mera bacha you can talk" his voice broke as he said the words.

(Dua my child you can talk)

"How much have I longed to hear your voice" he cried while hugging me.

"I'm sorry.." I whispered.

"Why are you sorry?" He said pulling back a little and seeing me. I got out of his hold and went to take a piece of paper and pen.

"When you can talk why are you not saying anything" he said confused.

I wrote on the paper and gave it to him

Baba I can talk but I'm sorry that I don't want to. In short I have paid a very big price just because of talking. It hurts for me to talk. I want to stay silent. I'm sorry I lied to you all but I'm so used to staying quite that I forget sometimes I even talk. Please forgive me if I upset you with my intentional silence but I can't help it. Please forgive me its not in my control because I know when I speak I might not be able to hold myself.

"You don't have to hold yourself back in front of us Dua. We are your family. I understand your situation. After 8 years of silence talking can be hard. But just today talk to your old man. I've been longing to hear my little girls voice." He said.

"I'm sorry for misjudging you guys" I said in a small voice.

"I don't mind you going back to your silent self. Dua I would never push you to speak. I know you'll use your voice for well." Baba said as always understandingly how did I get so Lucky

"I love you Ammi Baba" I said hugging them both.

"Where is our " I love you" hmm" shahzain bhai and Myra APA stood in the doorway.

"I love you both the most" I said hugging them.

I feel a little light but I know its just for today.

"Umm.. Can you promise me something" I asked

"Anything" they said happily

"Just don't tell anyone I speak please. There are certain reasons I've stayed silent for so long" I said wiping my tears.

"But Dua... Its OK if you don't want anyone knowing we won't tell anyone" Ammi started but baba cut her off.

"DUA!!" Myra APA groaned.

I raised my eyebrows at her.

"You ruined your makeup" she said almost crying.

I cried a river. Spoke and that's all she noticed. Wow. I rolled my eyes and looked at my self. To be honest I looked like the older version of myself. My eyes had smudged mascara around instead of purple bruises. My eyes red as always. Nose and cheeks pink from all the crying.