Finally, I Found Her

ONE SHOT STORY

By: imcarzyzhang

I was walking in the corridor when the breeze of the air began to blow. It was a cloudy afternoon. I was about to exit the school gate when I noticed the sudden fall of the green leaves.

It had green leaves, not golden leaves. It was like a piece of her that I tried to connect with. I missed a single picture of her that I couldn't find.

It's been four years since I last saw her. It was right here, where I stood. The spot of the school gate

The pedestrian lane was perfectly shaped. Cars are everywhere. Vehicles are running everywhere. The spot where she was here four years ago.

Sitting on the bench to hail a cab. When she sits beside me.

"Mag ta-taxi ka?" She asked suddenly. I just nodded as a sign of reply.

She smiled. "Pwedi makisabay? It was my first time to hail a cab, hehe." I just looked at her. 

She's cute.

That was our first encounter. The second is where I face...

The restaurant. I was in a hurry to get my phone. Naiwan ko kasi sa restaurant. The restaurant is only in our school. I've been searching for my phone. Tangina. Asan na kasi 'yun!

I was anxious. It was not here. Damn! The phone is important, even if it brings disadvantages. I even asked the counter girl.

"Sa'yo 'to?" I was shocked when she showed me my phone. "Uh yes. Thanks." I felt relieved the moment I have my phone in my palm.

"You're welcome!" She smiled sweetly.

I started to like her smile. Aalis na sana ako but I was so hesitant to ask her. So, I turn my face to her.

"Bago ka dito?" I saw her eyes widened. She's shocked probably. Parang ngayon lang ata siya nakakita ng pogi ah? 

"Yes. Kagabi lang ako nagsimulang mag part time hehe. Thank you and come again Sir!" She smiled to me. 

Her chinky and brown eyes spark. Her light pinkish cheek shines. She's beautiful, indeed. Did I have a crush on her already? Tangina naman. Sige, sabihin na lang nating may crush nga ako sa kanya.

I don't know her name, so afternoon after my class I went directly to the near restaurant. Sinadya ko talaga para makita ko yung kanyang name tag. I forgot to take a glimpse kanina. But unfortunately,

"Sir? Si Aki ba?"

"Uhm 'yung kanina. The one who handed me my phone."