2. waiting for him

Start from the beginning

"Wh.. what are you.. talk... talking about" I tried to sound normal but miserably failed.

"Rumaan. I am talking about Rumaan. Don't you remember I had a brother name Rumaan.? I think you forget him. Anyone can. He has been not here for the past 8 years" she started teasing me and I know her she loves to tease me. So I tried to play along.

"Accha (really), I didn't remember"
I try hard to show myself busy in her stuff but I know my cheeks were red by now.

"WHAT" she yelled looking at me with wide eyes like she just saw a dead body walking. What a drama queen. I thought and rolled my eyes.
"Ya Khuda ye sunne se pehle main behri kyu nahi ho gayi (i should've turned deaf than to listen you say this)" she said dramatically putting her both hands on her ears. "Mera bechara bhai(my poor brother) his wife forget him .. ab kya hoga uska? (now what will happen to him?)" she continued her act and I keep looking at her drama.

"Aapi...." I called her rising my eyebrows she looked at me and then we both burst into laughter.

" Seriously aapi.. bechara bhai? (poor brother?)," I asked between my laugh.

"What are you both doing?" Mama asked coming into a room.

We both looked at her. She came and stood in front of us

"Why your not ready yet Fathima? What were you both doing all this time?" She asked narrowing her eyes at us.

" We were talking about her husband" before I could say anything aapi said making my eyes wide open.

"What no..mama.. sh.. she's.. lying," I said hurriedly stammering. Mama looked at me a smile appears on her lips.

"It's ok beta you have rights to talked about him," she said coming closer to me and kissed my forehead. "Finally after 8 years he's coming.. soon your wait is going to end, beta .. InshaAllah," She said and I can see tear filled her eyes.
"InshaAllah" I whispered and hugged her as a silent tear escape my eyes.

We both are waiting for him.
I am eagerly waiting to see him in front of me.
But mama.. she was waiting eagerly for the day when she can announce in the world that I am her daughter in law. She really loves me she always treated me like a daughter. Not only mama but everyone loves me so much here. I always thank my almighty who gave me this family.

"Oh come on don't start this saas bahun wala drama again" aapi said making a bored face.

"Shut up" mama and I both said in unison

"Don't shut me up today is my engagement" aapi whined pouting.

"Ok now get ready. you only have an hour to get ready your in law's will be here in an hour" mama said hurriedly and walked out.

As she went out I turned to her. she was trying to show herself busy but in know better.
"What was that?" I asked crossing my arms

"What?" She asked innocently as if nothing happened

"Aapi...."
"Hanu please let me get ready they will be here soon" I was saying but she interrupted me.

"Ok, I forgive you because today is your engagement but next time..." I said pointing my finger toward her
She just shrugged her shoulders and went to change her dress.

********

Engagement function went really well all were really happy marziya aapi also came with her 2 sons ruban(7 years) Arif (4 years). She will be staying here for a few months because she was 7 months pregnant with her 3rd child. I was so happy when I heard that news that aapi will be staying with us.