Simulation Chapter 10

Y/n POV
14:00

Harry: "As you all know, here at rainbow we have tremendous funding. With this funding and some help from your fellow operators we have created the stadium."

Harry turned around to reveal a large screen with a stadium on it. Inside the stadium was a deformed house. The house looked like a combination of modern and older era houses.

Harry: "The stadium will be a training arena for you operators. You have already been assigned your roles, that's where defense and offense comes in. Asset protection operators will be defending two bombs. There are four areas these bombs could be in so choose wisely when selecting the bomb area. Attackers will try to defuse one of the bombs, once the defuser goes down the defenders have 45 seconds to counter defuse. Planting and counter defusing the defuser takes 7 seconds. Any questions?"

Harry: "No? Okay then, Y/n, Monika, Eliza, Mike and Zofia enter the attacking room."

We entered the room and it was full of lockers. I went to a locker with my name on it and opened it up to see my weapons of choice in there. I got prepared and walked towards a big opening which led to the room we would be playing in. Our phones showed us a map of the exterior with four locations. Our team decided on the catwalk spawn. Our screens switched to a drone which we had to navigate to find the defenders.

After finding the bomb located upstairs we rappelled down the catwalk. We reached the building and headed off in separate directions. Zofia and I went to a campfire area with a breakable hatch. Zofia places a breaching charge on it and we took position. When the charge blew Zofia shot a concussion grenade which exploded as it entered the room.

Due to this I was alerted of an operator in the room. I dropped down the hatch to see Vigil behind the boxes. Vigil leaps on me as I reach for my knife. He wrestles it out of my hand and knocks it to the corner of the room. After that a shot rang out and he fell limp on top of me.

"Thanks"
Zofia: "Anytime. (*On Comms*) Monika, are you ready to plant the defuser?"
IQ: (*Over Comms*) "Yeah, can you watch us?"
Zofia: (*Over Comms*) "Yes we should be there in a moment, start planting"

After Zofia said that he heard footsteps on the stairs to our left, we peeked over to see Gustave or Doc running towards us. We opened fire before he could get his weapon up, 'killing' him effectively. Zofia and I ran into the other bomb site when an announcer said that the bomb had been planted. There were two enemies left and Monika and the others were 'killed' so that left Zofia and I.

We pushed up through the first site and into the second where the defuser was planted. Marius or Jäger was counter-defusing when Zofia shot him 'dead'. Zofia was shot in rapid succession by Elena or Mira. I charged at her knocking her weapon down. I pulled out my knife and went for a stab. She rolled out of the way and punched me in the side as my knife got lodged in the wood. Both of us stood up  and Elena pulled out her knife, but you know what they say, 'Don't bring a knife to a gun fight'.

Mira: "Shit"

Was the last thing she said before I mowed her down with my SMG-11.

Announcer: "Simulation Ended, all operators return to the locker room."

Elena stood back up and extended out her hand. I gladly shook it.

Mira: "Nice job, I really thought we might fight right there"
"Then I realized I had my gun. Still good performance."
Mira: "Well Eliza is going to be pissed"
"Why would that be?"
Mira: "A little operation called Blue Orion, we have hated each other ever since."
"Well anyways we should probably get going. Tell me a bit more about what happened during Blue Orion"

Elena and I talked as we walked out the training area. We were about to say our goodbyes when Eliza started walking towards us looking angry. Eliza walked up to Elena and punched her directly in the face.

"Woah, calm down Eliza."

Eliza turned toward me.

Ash: "Calm down, CALM DOWN! Did you see what bullshit she pulled on me?"
"No but whatever it was this is an unnecessary reaction."
Ash: "If she didn't have that fucking window I wouldn't have died."
"We still won Eliza, she told me about what happened in Blue Orion and-."
Ash: "She told you about WHAT! That bitch."
Mira: "Just calm down okay. Must be that time of the month"

Eliza tried to approach Elena again but I held her back. Elena backed off eventually and Eliza stopped struggling.

Eliza: "Did she really tell you everything."
"Yes, I won't tell anyone else if you don't want me to"
Eliza: "Good, now come on, we can't be late."

A/n: I might change the lore a bit for Mira and Ash's relationship but nothing too serious. Once again I am sorry this took a while but somebody in my family had a medical emergency, they are fine now but it shook me up for a few days. I should be posting more though.