The Beginning Chapter 1

3rd Person POV
20:00
Y/n was a thirteen year old boy laying in bed. He was feeling sick so he went downstairs so his dad could get him some medicine.
Dad: "Hey son. What do you need"
Y/n: "I am feeling kind of sick, can I get some medicine"
Dad: "Sure son just let me go and-"

*CRASH*

Dad: "Son you stay here I am going to check it out."
Y/n: "Ok"

Now Y/n new how to use a gun. His dad has brought him to the range a couple of times so he was going over by the gun case incase it was a robbery when all the sudden he heard it.

*SCREAMS*

That was his dad. He quickly typed in the code to the gun safe brought out the gun and turned around to see a masked man holding a machete.

Robber: "Look kid put down the gun"
Y/n: "What did you do to him"
Robber: "Look kid just put it down"
Y/n: "ANSWER ME!"
Robber: "He is in a better place now k-"

*BANG*

The masked man quickly fell dead as Y/n rushed over to his fathers aid.

Dad: "Son."
Y/n: "Yes Dad"
Dad: "Did ya get em"
Y/n: "Yes"
Dad: "That's my boy"
Y/n: "Dad please don't go, you're the only one I have left."
Dad: "You will be ok without me son"
Y/n: "No Dad please don't"
Dad: "I love you son"
And with that his father rest his eyes for the final time.

3
Years
Later

Y/n had been to four foster homes in the past three years. Each one saying that could not handle his depression and lack of emotion.
Today he would get a new foster family.  Hopefully more accepting than the last. They were a lesbian couple. He didn't know what was worse having two dads and having to hear double the dad jokes or have two moms and getting in an infinite loop of go ask your mom. Many couples of the LGBTQ+ group came here due to the inability to have their own child. Their names were Krista and Chloe. Both in their mid thirties, one with short brown hair, one with long blonde hair, both white skinned. In their first talk they seemed very nice.
And that made Y/n feel every more bad than he already did due to the fact that he didn't like letting people down.

Krista: "Hey Y/n are you ready"
Y/n: "Yeah I will meet you in the car give me a minute"

Y/n grabbed his phone and turned on Pure Imagination Future James Remix ( Song above ) and walked out to the car.

Time skip

Chloe: "We're here."

It was an amazing house on the side of the Appalachian mountains, pointing towards North Carolina.

Chloe: "Do you like it"Y/n: "It's great"Krista: "When school starts back up you will have to wake up earlier because it's a long drive"Y/n: "That's ok"Chloe: "We have our only neighbors, they are very nice and have a kid your age

Y/n: "It's great"
Krista: "When school starts back up you will have to wake up earlier because it's a long drive"
Y/n: "That's ok"
Chloe: "We have our only neighbors, they are very nice and have a kid your age. Her name is Maddie, you should meet her sometime"
Y/n: "I might sometime but I will just put my stuff up first"
Krista: "We will invite them over for dinner"
Y/n: "Ok sounds good"

Y/n unpacked and decided he would check out his new surroundings. He went out the door and started walking into the near by forest. He went down by a pond which was very beautiful and calm. This would definitely be his chill spot.

*Crunch*

Y/n turned around and took in his surroundings to search for the thing that made a noise.

Y/n: "Who's there?"
???: "Who are you?"
Y/n: "I am Y/n"

Y/n turned to look at the voice and saw a girl with brown hair and around the same age as him.

???: "Oh, you must be our new neighbor. My name is Maddie"

She extended her hand out to him. Y/n shook her hand.

Y/n "Nice to meet you"
Maddie: "Well anyways what are you doing here"
Y/n: "Just exploring"
Maddie: "Well you have officially stumbled upon 'The Pond'"
Y/n: "Such a creative name, I couldn't think of that in centuries" He said sarcastically
Maddie: "Shut up"
Y/n: "So what do you do here"
Maddie: "Homework, skate when it's cold, and just chill out"
Y/n: "So it's fine if I use this spot"
Maddie: "Hell yeah why would I care"
Y/n: "Ok thanks"

Y/n checks the time it's getting kind of late so he starts to head back home.

Y/n: "So Maddie what is school like"
Maddie: "It's not that bad, there are a couple of kids that are weird but outside of that everyone is chill."
Y/n: "That's nice"
Maddie: "So what are your favorite things to do"
Y/n: "Skateboard"
Maddie: "Oh I suck at skateboarding. Oh shit we got to hurry up. Last one there has AIDS"

Y/n bolted off leaving Maddie behind but eventually she caught up but in the end Y/n got to the house first.

Y/n: "You're slow"
Maddie: "Shut up"

After that they ate dinner and after that the parents were talking while Y/n was showing Maddie how to skateboard.

Y/n: "Just take it easy."
Maddie: "Look dude I know I can do this."
Y/n: "No you can't"
Y/n: "Just take it step by step"
Maddie: "AAAAHHH!"

She fell and scraped her knee.

Y/n: "You ok"
Maddie: "Yeah"
Y/n: "How about we don't skateboard"

(A/N) If you guys are reading this it might be a couple months after I have wrote this but I hope on improving my work a lot. This will be the only chapter I release until the book is done so feedback would be appreciated.
9/21/19