Welcome to the City Chapter Two

Maddie POV
8:30
Fucking school why is it a thing. Why does it go by so slow but summer goes by in seconds. Well at least me and Y/n are chillin in my ratchet looking ass car. We are on our way to school for the first day when I ask.

Maddie: "What are you listening to"
Y/n: "Midnight City by M83, you wanna listen"
Maddie: "Sure"

(A/N) Play song above

It was a good song. By the time it ended we were at school, yay. Y/n and I had the same classes outside of him taking German. So I was able to show him around for a while.

Time Skip 15:30

Finally school is over. Y/n and I are going to go see a couple of friends at Starbucks I had introduced them to Y/n before but none of them really talked that much. So hopefully they will now.

Time Skip 16:00

We arrived at Starbucks and we met Andrew, Kaitlyn, Bri, and Jason.

Jason: "Ok so I was chillin at the basketball court and these hot chicks roll up"
Y/n: "Jesus we get it Jason they were hot. Not like you have a chance at getting them"
Jason: "Well I was getting there. Either ways some dude hit a jump shot that sucked ass so much that it hit one of the girls"
Y/n: "That's it"
Jason: "Yep"
Y/n: "That was a horrible story dude, like a minute of my time on Earth wasted"
Andrew: "Yeah you fucking dweeb"
Jason: "Ight bet you wanna go, time and date."
"Jesus you guys are weird"
Jason: "Shut up Maddie real shit is going down right now"
Kaitlyn: "Anyways, have you seen the new guy. He's so hot"
Y/n: "Me?"
Kaitlyn: "No idiot, Chad"
Y/n: "What kind of name is Chad"

This sus guy walks into the store I think nothing about it until I hear.

Robber: "GIVE ME THE MONEY"

Shit shit shit shit
Y/n is starting to get up and go towards the guy.

*whispers* "Are you crazy"

Pov 3rd person

Y/n got behind the man and reached for the gun while pulling the man to the ground. Y/n proceeded to knock the gun out of his hands and near Maddie and the others. Y/n then stood up ready for a fist fight, Jason and Andrew joining in.

Y/n: "You won't fight, no balls"
Jason: "Bet bitch let's go"
Andrew: "What they said"

They proceeded to tag team the robber each one of them trading blows. Y/n pushed the robber to his knees and held his hands behind his back while Jason and Andrew held him still. At this point the cops came and arrested the man.

Time skip 16:15

Maddie: "What the fuck was that"
Y/n: "Fucking insane"
Maddie: "You could have gotten hurt"
Y/n: "I know"
Maddie: "Then why did you do it"
Y/n: "Well I didn't want you to get hurt"
Maddie: "You would do that for me"
Y/n: "I mean yeah, you're the only real friend I have had in a while"
Maddie: "Thanks, I appreciate it"
Y/n: "No problem"
Maddie: "Shit dude you're going to be on the news man"
Y/n: "No I can't be on the news"
Maddie: "Why"
Y/n: "Certain people would recognize me and I would have to leave"
Maddie: "What do you mean"
Y/n: "When I was thirteen I killed a man in self defense and watched my dad die"

Maddie had never heard this before. It made her want to cry.

Maddie: "Oh I-I"
Y/n: "It's ok not a lot of people know"
Maddie: "Let's continue this at the pond. Let's just get home"

Timeskip 16:45
Maddie Pov
At the Pond

"You sure you're ok Y/n"
Y/n: "Yeah I mean it changed me but in a good way"
"And which way is that"
Y/n: "I values others over me, even if that means risking my life for people I don't know"
"At the Starbucks, you didn't have to that"
Y/n: "Well someone did"

I lean my head up against his shoulder

"Would you really do that all for me"
Y/n: "I would do it for anyone"
"Could you promise to be careful"
Y/n: "I'm sorry but no"

A tear drips from my eye as I start to become tired.

Time skip 17:00

After that we head to our separate houses and I turn on the news in my room.

Jack: "Hi folks I am Jack from channel 8 news and today we have a recent story that just happened an hour ago. A kid and his friends stopped a robber at a local Starbucks. We are here with an interview with the kids friend Jason."
Mary: "Hi Jason I'm Mary do you know if you could give me any knowledge on what happened at the Starbucks"
Jason: "Yes mam, me and my friends went to the Starbucks and we were just chatting when a guy pulled up to the cash register and whipped out a gun. After that my friend—"

I cut off the T.V. when I heard that. He could have gotten killed and he just acts like it's nothing. Why am I so worried about him. Is it because he cares for me or I care for him, or I like him. You know what, never mind.

(A/n) Still trying to improve my writing thanks for supporting me if you see this.
9/24/19

(A/n 2) I am going to start publishing chapters of this book but on my own time so there will not be any hiatuses, probably. But there will at minimum be a chapter a month but probably more and I plan on doing 30-50 chapters of this series. I don't really know why I like to write sometimes and sometimes not but I will try to keep chapters coming out as consistently as possible but no promises.
10/15/19