Chapter 1- The Dream

Once upon a time,I rushed over to my bedroom and belly-flopped into my cosy bed. It had a pure white duvet with embroidered poppies crawling in from top to the bottom in the middle of the sheet. Quickly tucking myself into place, the door creaked open to reveal my parents. Squeezing my eyes shut, I hoped they didn't see me awake or they would be upset in me. Sadly, they did notice but instead of scolding me, I felt my bed tilt to one side.

Peeking with one eye, I saw my mum holding a book in her right arm and leaning her body with her left one. "You can open both your eyes, sweetheart," my mother said in her gentle angelic voice. Listening to instructions, I opened my eyes then sat up right to see my father smiling, standing by my floral white and purple wardrobe. My father was about 6'2 and was big and muscular. He had olive skin with tousled dark brown hair. He had bright emerald eyes which I had inherited.

Looking back at my mother, she stroked her hand through my golden hair. Everyone said I looked like my mother with her toned skin and long fair hair. I even had her cute dimples which I had always loved dearly. "Darling would you like us to read a story to you tonight?" my father asked with his deep voice. Nodding my head vigorously, they had never read a story to me so I was really excited.

Chuckling at my enthusiasm, my mother took the book from her arm and opened it slowly. I knew she was teasing me so I took the opportunity to take a sneak peek at the front cover. It was picture of a small girl in a spot-light red hood, standing in a dark forest of what looked like dying trees with a small woven picnic basket in hand. Who would want to go into a forest of withering trees?

My eyes averted back to my mother who was about to start the story. "Little red riding hood," she started in soft, soothing voice, "once upon a time there was a little girl called little red riding hood. This was because the girl was ever so little and had a red hood. One day her mother told her to go visit her sick grandmother but not to go off the path..."

As I fully listened, I noticed how unwise little red riding hood's decision was. First she got off the path, which was against her mother's orders, and then she told the wolf where her grandmother lived. All that caused her and her grandmother to be eaten by the wolf but fortunately, the hunter saved them all.

Once the story had finished, I fell into a blissful sleep.

***

6 YEARS LATER

***

I was walking through a curvy path when a sound had interrupted me.

Crunch!

Crunch!

There it was, right behind the rows of bushes. Suddenly I remembered what my mother had told me. She had forbidden me to take a foot of the path for the danger of a mysterious creature but still a dangerous one.

Crunch!

Crunch!

This time it was closer and louder than the before, which made me even more jittery in the inside. Dismissing the thought it must have been just my imagination. Before I could take one more step, I had heard the noise once again. Mother wouldn't mind if I just one foot of the path. But as soon as I did everything went black.

Suddenly my eyes fluttered open and I was gasping for air. It was the same dream I had since mother had read the story but every time I always took the step. I just couldn't understand why out of all my dreams, that one would repeat?

Slipping out of bed, I groggily walked towards the bathroom to start my daily routine. Today was the first day of secondary school in a new place and I honestly didn't know what to feel as I was excited but worried. My thoughts kept on trailing back to the dream but I somehow could never remember it. If anything, I would forget it even more if it was possible. I looked down on my bed once I returned to my bedroom. Lying on my now cleaned bed was a plain black skirt with striped tights underneath. On top was a plain white polo shirt covered with a prime blue blazer with the school logo in yellow. St. Phoenix was circling around what looked like a phoenix flying upwards.

After I got dressed, I quickly tied my golden hair into a high pony-tail that reached about mid-back. I didn't put any make up on just because I didn't really need. As I skipped my way down stairs I was greeted with a delicious smell. Fresh toast. Running towards the kitchen, I was about to grab the heavenly breakfast before someone slapped my hand away and stole it from my grasp. Glaring at the thief, I light gasp escaped my mouth at the sight before me. My own father had taken the love of my life right of my hands.

"Dad! How dare you steal my Romeo?!" I screamed.

"Oh, stop over-reacting, Juliette," he said as he took a bite from my toast.

"Oh my, oh my, if you kill my beloved, I will follow him too," I chanted, holding my fore head for extra effect.

"Did somebody say toast," I soft but dangerous voice said. Swivelling around towards the door, I saw my mum holding a rolling pin in one hand and a clenched fist in the other. I could hear my father put the toast back on the clean black island in the middle of the room as we each to a careful step back. Once we were in safe distance, my mother took the toast in one hand and bit it painfully slow.

"Oh, Romeo," I whispered longingly while my father bit his tongue to hide a chuckle. Sadly that failed and he was then erupting with laughter. Giving him a light push, I soon followed his laughing fit. My mother just shook her head with a smile on her face and told me I had to leave or I would be late on my first day. As I run out of the kitchen, I quickly grabbed my brand new rainbow bag.

Stepping out of my classical modern house, I walked through the curvy brick path between the fresh mini plants and well-trimmed grass. Greeting my fellow neighbours, I skipped joyfully to school. Finally reaching there, I noticed that most of the view of my St. Phoenix was covered by a large variation of trees.

Entering through the main gates, I went to the reception to get my schedule and locker. After I had finished collecting my stuff, the bell rang for first period. Since I had moved house through the summer holiday, I didn't know anyone so I didn't have any friends yet.

Walking into my class, there was barely anyone in there meaning I was either early or no one exactly was in this class. Taking a seat in the back right corner of the room, I started to take my stuff out for class but as soon as I was about to sit back up, I bashed my head against the inside of the table by a hyper girl's voice.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you, are you okay?" the voice apologized. Looking up, I saw a teenage girl with electric blue eyes and curly, long brown hair. She had pale skin with freckles crawling across her right check on top of her small nose to her other cheek. She sat in the desk besides mine which made her tilt towards me when she was talking.

"Don't worry, I'm accident prone," I told her, taking my hand off my head from where I placed it after it got hit. The girl just nodded and stuck a hand out in the air towards me.

"I'm Mina Walter," Mina said.

Shaking her hand, I replied, "I'm Juliette Bloomswood." Suddenly there was a cough that stopped everyone talking. It must have been our literature reading teacher. He was looked 6'4 and around 28 years old. He had a strong structure with dark rough brown hair and chocolate brown eyes.

"Good morning everyone, I am Mr Shane. Today we are going to adjust a fairy-tale into the view of a villain. I have set your assignments on the centre of your desk," he explained in a deep voice. When I turned my piece of paper around, I could feel all the blood stop running in my body.

Little Red Riding Hood.

[][][]

Hey supersmilers, this is a very short story designed for my English homework so it will e very fast paced compared to my other stories so yeah.

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

STAY SUPERSMILEY;)