Chapter 46: Caught

Começar do início

Tom's face was starting to darken. He clenched his fists tightly and the brown colour of his eyes had became a darker shade.

"What?" Connor pretended to be oblivious at his words, "How can you expect me not to do that? We're a couple, for Merlin's sake."

Although Tom knew that Emily would much prefer to be with him, he still hated the fact that she had a thing for someone else. He didn't want to share her heart for another man.

"Of course," he calmed himself, "Well it's a shame that it wouldn't last, would it, Marshall?"

It was his turn to look utterly mad. "What do you mean?" he snapped,"You cannot stop our love."

"Love?" Tom scoffed, "Interesting. I wonder how you cope up with it. Haven't it occurred to you, that she didn't want to be around you anymore?"

Connor gulped. "Impossible. She - wouldn't..."

"She would," Tom smiled in amusement. He liked taking someone's fear as a pleasure.

"Well good luck for you, Marshall," and he walked off.

********
Emily watched the slytherins exited their dormitories, leaving for Hogesmade. Connor had rushed inside the common room yesterday, informing her about the horcruxes that Tom was talking about. And she decided to find out about it.

Her boyfriend had no clue about the horcrux and he quickly shrugged it off, assuming that it was just a project. But Emily had a very bad feeling about it.

She knew it wasn't the exact truth. There was a bad vibe coming off it, and the sound of it already gave her chills. Emily had decided to find more about it, to unveil the real truth and make sure that Tom is truly safe.

She slipped into the common room and quickly scaled up the little stairs to enter the sixth graders dormitories.

The beds were done neatly, and trunks were placed near the dressers. There was a smell of fresh parchment in the air, and Emily took a deep breath of it.

She quickly scurried to his bed, flipped opened his trunk, but all she found was just clothes, and a few uncertain objects.

Emily checked the corners of it and felt a thin piece of plastic against her skin. She pulled it out, and recognised the girl in it. It looked like...Herself. The girl had the very same icy blue eyes, brown hair, and that smile..

A memory slided into her mind and Emily slowly grinned at the thought of it. She had given the picture to Tom for the first summer break they had. That seemed like a century ago.

Emily snapped out of her thoughts and pulled out the drawers, a couple of his essays stacked neatly in it. She moved them aside and searched through it again, when an old library book caught her attention.

"Secrets of the darkest arts," Emily murmured the title uneasily, "Written by Herpo the foul.."

She scanned through the pages, and after reading several information, she was starting to feel extremely naeuseas. All types of horrible curses and hexes were described in full details that could've lead to the most painful deaths.

Her fingers trembled against the thin papers and finally found the page she was looking for. It was in a highlighted section, written down by the author in absolute difficult ways of making the horcrux.

Emily skipped a few parts because she couldn't stand the cruelness of it, and then a certain paragraph and she gained interest on it.

"Murdering someone... Cause the soul to break apart.. And -" she gasped, "Shift it to the new horcrux.."

"Looking for something?"

The voice startled her till the book had almost slipped out of her hands, but Emily made a quick move and backed against the wall.

"Tom! Y-you can't -"

"Give it to me," he moved closer, and Emily had to bit her lips from trembling. Not only was she afraid of the book, but all of a sudden, fear seeped into her pounding heart. Emily
looked at him like he was a beast that was ready to slash its claws at her.

"I can't let you do this," she squeaked, hiding the book behind her back as if it would do much help.

He edged closer, his eyes not taking off the tattered library property. "Be a good girl.. And give me the book."

"No," she managed to force the word out of her mouth.

A smirk played on his lips as he came way too close. "Well.. I guess we'll have to go for another way, hm?"

"I said I can't let you have it -"

He slided his hands behind her and she tried to stop him from taking the book. Tom leaned down and kissed her softly, completely averting her attention away.

He took hold of the property and before she knew it, it slipped out of her hands.

"Tom!" she cried, flustered, "You can't do this! It'll take away your soul, don't you know? And - and you have to murder someone for it!"

He pressed his forefinger to her mouth. "Now now.. This shall be... Our little secret," Tom pulled her closer till she was just right below his chin. He quickly pecked her on the lips and took the book with him, leaving her alone.

Emily was stunned for a moment. There was a roller coaster of emotions in her, and she was starting to feel sick. There's no use in trying to persuade him anymore. Perhaps there really isn't a way out of his obsession...