Subtitute || 1

Y/N Delos Santos

  It wasn't every day that my father Cesare Delos Santos. Called me into our library for a chat. I wondered why he summoned me. I knocked on the thick wooden door to find out.
"Come in,"said his commanding voice in the old pinoy dialect.

I straightened my black suit before i entered the chamber where cesare had been entertaining his visitors moment earlier. Whether he was trying to impress them with our family wealth or intimidate them, i wasn't really sure.

"You wish to talk to me, father?"
I asked in the same dialect.

"Sit down, anak"

I sat in one of the leather sit directly across his desk and look into his cold brown eyes: they were the eyes of a Delos Santos, the same color as that if mine and my twin sister's.

I sat regally as if my back was being held up with a poker stick. It was the proper way for a woman to sit, according to my etiquette teacher.

"I want you to go to Korea and pretend to be your twin sister" he announced without preamble, as if it was logical things in the world.

"Pardon, father?" I asked. I couldn't have been more suprised that he won't ask me to do something like this not even if he said i had to go to the moon. This was not the first unusual command after all.

"Why do i need to pretend, father?"

Father leaned back in to his chair, wich my twin and i called his "throne" in secret. He studied me, probably debating wether to tell me the truth or not.

"You see, your vegabond sister ran away AGAIN after i told her to honor a promise that me and my old friend of mine: for Amber and his daughter to marry"

I frowned. I always knew that my father would choose whom my sister and i would eventually marry. That's why his so strict when it comes to me and my sister having a relationship. But i din't knew he already found someone for Amber.

Just the previous month, i nearly married to the powerful Maxwell Hans. Thank goodness the italian man turned out to be inlove with someone else.

"Why not wait until you find Amber,  father?"I asked.

His cold brown eyes flashed with annoyance. "A Delos Santos never breaks promises, Y/N. It is not a permanent arrangement. You only have to pretend to be Amber until i know where she is"

He never forgave me for refusing to marry Maxwell father forgets, and he certainly never

"But your deceiving that man, Cesare" i said

"Address me properly, anak" he reprimanded me.

I flinched "I'm sorry, father"

"And do not argue with me, Y/N."he said. Irritation showing in his wintry brown eyes. "A good Delos Santos daughter never question her father's decision. Now, go on pack your thing. You're going to Korea first thing in the morning. Amber's fiancé is going to wait you at the airport"

"Yes,  father"

Just like that, I was dismissed.
Just like that, I was going to Korea.
And just like that, my world was about to change...

Fun fact, the last name Delos Santos that your currently using is mine😂😂✌️✌️

[FIN]