I miss mama.
I want her to be here.

I excused my self to the washroom as soon as my makeup was made water proof due to all my previous tear stains when I heard ujjala aunty.

I stepped out and she immediately hugged me as I let the tears slip out.

"I knew I should have come earlier." She said as she patted my head. "Khushi called me and I came over as soon as I could!"

"I don't know aunty. Ek dum se mama ki yaad aa gayee"

"Ofcourse ayegee. You miss her. But you have me with you. Never forget that. I can't replace her obviously, but I'm the closest match you are going to find." She teased me.

I laughed at her as I hugged Khushi who kissed my temple and said, "the makeup artists had to redo everything every two minutes. They look more tired than anyone. Your face is anyways hideous so it's important to hide it and then when you keep crying, it becomes even more hideous."

I made faces at Khushi as I hit her playfully. I picked my blouse and petticoat and rushed into the washroom before Khushi could hit me further.

I came out of the washroom ready to wrap my saree. I wore my heels and wrapped the saree around my waist, made the pleats, tucked them in and draped the cloth over my chest and pinned it to my blouse. I wore the earrings papa gave me and my hair was set in a bun this time.

I took a nail polish remover and khushi helped me repaint my nails since Asha aunty has to leave to cater for the guests downstairs. I felt better now.

Just a little validation from people around makes you feel better.
Facts.

I was reminded by Khushi that I wanted to post the haldi pictures on social media and I immediately reached for my phone. I punched in my password and compiled the pictures.
The first picture, what can I say, our friends probably hate us. They threw haldi and water directly at kabir and me
The third picture, it just summarises the whole ceremony which was so much fun
But the second picture had my heart, it just showed how I'll never love someone as much as I love papa.

.....

I stepped down for the ceremony with Khushi on my side when I heard virat behind me, laughing with Sameer and Ranveer and Alia. Bhai and Aneesha were catering to the guests already present at the venue.

Suddenly I heard Khushi exclaim, " RANVEER SAXENA I MADE IT CLEAR. NOT THIS SHERWANI."

Well oops.
She was scolding him as he silently followed her, listening intently and not giving a fuck at the same time.

Joker!

Kabir pulled me on the side and pulled me closer to himself as he rested against the wall. I didn't resist either.

"Hi" I said as I blushed.

"Hi" he looked at me with a small smile playing on his lips.

"I'm still waiting!" I complained.

"You're not getting a compliment today Aisha!"

"Why not?" I asked confused. "Don't I look okay?"

"Okay? Okay? You look perfect. But aren't you bored of listening to the same compliments all the time?"

I laughed at his logic and slapped him playfully.
"Stop being so cheesy for god sake!"

"You secretly love me being cheesy!"

"Do I? A little maybe. Not too much."

"You sure?"

"100%"

We laughed at each other and I held his hand and stared at our rings.

"It's actually happening!" He said as he saw me looking at our rings.

"It's crazy isn't it? How we met, dated, broke up but still came back?"

"Because I love you"

"And I love you"

He pecked my lips twice and trailed his kisses to my neck as I giggled.

"Stop we have to go!" I laughed

"Whyyyyy. Let's ditch this!"

"It's our mehendi..?"

" you girls have so much fun on shaadi's. you put on mehendi, wear good clothes, you have the whole limelight. Ladko ka Kya hai, come, sit, marry, go away." He whined.

"Arey. Next time Tum bhee lahenga pehn Lena. Don't worry. No one will mind." I laughed.

He made faces at me as I laughed at him. We went inside the hall finally as I sat to get my mehendi done.

This was going to be a long night.
Music was played on full swing and snacks were being served but I couldn't dance, eat, drink; do anything at all.

I was hungry as fuck and couldn't even locate anyone to feed me. Suddenly a plate of food came before my eyes and I saw bhai standing there with a grin on his face.

"Hungry aishu ?" Bhai asked.

"Your aishu might die if she doesn't get food!"

He chuckled and started feeding me, " Stop being so melodramatic ms Sharma!"

I asked him where Kabir was to which he said, " forget about him for two seconds. Talk to me!"

"Stop being jealous of my boyfriend bhai!" I laughed.

"He gets to be with you all the time. I don't even get time anymore. After My shaadi, everything was so hectic."

"I know that. Don't worry. You'll always be my number one. Even before papa! But don't tell him that. He'll kill you" I laughed.

Bhai fed me and ate himself too. He got me Pepsi and drank half of it knowing I couldn't do shit about it. We were such kids together. I hope they got good pictures of us. priorities.

"Love you bhai"

"I love you too Aishu. Oh my god. My baby sister is getting married."

"Are you just realising this?"

"....probably" he laughed.

......

The night ended. Couldn't see much of virat for some reason. I missed mama. I was still hungry. I was tired.

Aneesha and bhai were with me in my room, keeping me company till my mehendi would finally dry and I wouldn't have to behave like a lunatic bride. Bhai and Aneesha were singing sings and mind you, he sings well when it's business warna, oh my god, your ears will die. And Aneesha. She sucks at singing.

After about an hour or so, my mehendi was dry but I wasn't allowed to rinse it away so left over of the dry mehendi were still on my body but I brushed my fingers so that I could atleast eat something.

Bhai and Aneesha left around 11 and I was happy to spend time with both of them after so long.
Family just makes things complete. Everything...okay.