Chapter 13: Revenge

[So Young]

I didn't see Junsu again until after school resumed. I hadn't completely gotten over New Year Eve's scare, but I was determined to put it aside for now. Junsu didn't want me to call the police. He didn't explain what he would do, but he kept telling me not to worry. I wanted to believe him.

I went over to my locker to open it. Something fell out. When I looked down at it, my eyes widened. It was the picture of me at the playground. I pressed my lips together tightly. I picked the picture up from the floor. From the picture I could confirm that this person was standing behind me that day. But that set aside, how could this person know that this was my locker? Did he go to school here?

Wasn't this eerily similar to Somi's case? Was there also something written on the back of my picture? I turned it around. The back was blank. I sighed relieved. But it didn't really give me a peace of mind. The thought of a stalker and possible killer being after me was terrifying. Was I supposed to show this to the principal or something?

"What's that?" Junsu's voice startled me.

"Uhm..." I panicked and handed him the picture.

Immediately Junsu's face contorted into anger. He crumpled the paper in his hand and slammed his fist against the lockers next to us. The loud bang made everyone turn to look at us. I've never seen him get this mad before. I just realized that the way he used to treat me was nothing compared to when he actually got pissed.

"Go to class," he hissed, "I'll take care of this."

"What do you mean? Do you know who's behind this?"

"Just do as I say."

Junsu ran past me and left the school. I could still feel everyone's eyes on me. I stood straight, cleared my throat and walked off to class as if nothing had happened, just as I was told to.

Junsu didn't come back to school that day. I texted him asking him if he was alright, but he didn't answer me. I was worried sick about him. It wasn't until after school hours that he sent me a reply:

'I'm fine. Sorry for worrying you.'

"Hey So Young," a familiar voice said.

I frowned when I saw who the voice belonged to. It was Somi's lackey standing in front of me.

"What do you want?" I asked, hoping she wasn't searching for trouble again.

"So uhm..." She lowered her head. "I'm sorry for what happened before the winter break. I blamed you for something that wasn't even your fault."

"Don't sweat it," I said, surprised at the change of heart.

"I was just... very upset at the news of Somi's passing, and I took it out on you."

Her honesty was admirable. "Are you doing better now?" I asked her.

She sighed. "Just a bit. Her funeral was... terrible."

"I can imagine," I told her, automatically remembering Mom's funeral, "I'm sorry you have to go through this. I really do hope they find the murderer soon."

"Yeah. It's a very complicated case."

I wanted to tell her about what I was going through, but I just couldn't. If anything, I probably had to tell my dad about this. But Junsu didn't want me to tell anyone at all.

Somi's friend said goodbye and went off again. I was relieved that she decided against picking a fight. But why the change of heart?

Junsu returned the following day to school. He arrived later than usual and got an earful from the teacher. The first thing I noticed was that he had a band-aid across his cheek and a busted lip.