•1•

I get home to an empty house, well.. at least I won't have to deal with them pestering me about how my first day went.
My phone dings and I look down at it, seeing I have a follow request on Instagram. From 'hazosterfield'
I accept his request and follow him back. Honestly, I don't know what I would have done today had he not been in my first class and instantly became my friend. Today would not have gone by so smoothly.
Instagram
Message from @hazosterfield: hey :)
I open the notification and text back.
Elle: hi:)
Haz: forgot to get your number, so I found your Instagram instead🤷🏻‍♂️
Elle: want my number now?
Haz: yeah that'd be great.
I send him my number and lock my phone, going up to my bedroom. I change into my gym clothes, nervous to go to a new gym after working in the same one for so long. My technique isn't perfect and I'm not the strongest..
I get the location up on my maps, and drive. The driving here is still weird, I thought after the drive to school and back I'd be at least a little use to it, but I'm not. Luckily I make it to the gym without dying, but will I make it out of here alive? We'll see.
I go inside and am greeted by a smiling face. This is a pretty private and pricey gym. So I expect that everyone here will be really kind as My moms paying them a fortune.
"Mrs. Saltzman I presume?" The man asks.
"Elenor" I nod.
"I just need you to sign a couple papers and then you can have free reign" he says and hands me a pen. I scribble my signature across the few lines, and someone walks up next to me.
"Hey Kevin"
"Hey Tom, hows it going man?"
My eyes shoot up and see curly haired neighbor- Tom, standing there.
"Hey Elle" he says shyly when he notices me.
"Hey" I give him a small smile, before signing the last paper.
"Here I'll take those" the man takes the papers from me. "Tom, why don't you show the newbie around the gym"
"Oh. I'm sure she's fine" Tom says quietly.
"I'm totally fine, I'll find my way" I shake my head.
"Tom, come on. Remember how nervous you were your first day?" The man questions and widens his eyes at Tom.
"Yeah okay. Right this way" Tom gestures for me to walk beside him.
"Really, it's fine. You don't have to waste your time showing me around" I laugh uncomfortably as I walk alongside him.
"I don't mind" he shrugs. "This is the cardio machines, we don't use them much here."
"Why not?" I ask.
"Free weights are most people's main focus" he says.
"I've never done weights." I comment and he raises a brow at me.
"Really? Why not?" He questions me now.
"Not allowed, in case of bulking up" I say. "I've always been interested in it though"
"Well, I could teach you" his voice lowers once more, showing his discomfort.
"Really?" I ask.
"Yeah I mean, I was doing some easy lifting today anyways" he nods.
"That'd be great" I smile.
"Cool, I'll show you over to the weights then"
We walk through all the huffing and puffing men lifting massive weights above their heads, over to a smaller area.
"We can start ya on some five pounders" he says.
"Come on I can take more than that!" I say.
"It's not about the weight, it's about the reps" he hands me the tiny weights and I frown.
"Hey Tom! New client?" Some highly tattooed man asks.
"Nah, shes new to the gym, showin her around" he shrugs.
"You're a trainer?" I ask.
"Best of the best" the man says before walking away.
"Please be my trainer, my mom would flip if I got strong" I laugh.
"I'm not here to make your mom flip" he shakes his head with a small laugh.
"Please! I'll pay you double, even triple! Please!" I plead and he sighs.
"I'll only train you, if it's for you. Not to make your mom mad, or make others happy. Only if you want to do this" he says and I smile widely.
"Yay!" I squeal.
"Alright, 50 reps go"
________
"Holy shit" I pant, sitting on the bench and drowning my insides with water.
"Hard huh?" Tom asks, sitting next to me.
"Very" I nod.
"We'll do this five days a week" he says and my eyes widen.
"Five days a week? Really?" I ask.
"Don't worry, you're not going to bulk up, I'm training you in a way that will gain you strength without getting all muscly" he explains. "How does after school sound?"
"Perfect! Thank you so much Tom!"
I drive home and as I walk inside my phone dings.
Haz: hey American girl doll, I'm throwing a party this Friday, you should come😝
A party? My first proper day here and I've already been invited to a party?
Living here might not be so bad.
"So? How was your first day?" My mom asks as she sits on the couch with a glass of wine.
"It was good, nothing special" I shrug.
"Make any friends?" She asks.
"A couple" I nod. "People here are much nicer than in New York."
"I wouldn't say they're nicer, just a weaker personality" my mom says.
Well mom, that's because your personality is far too strong and needs to be toned down, but there's a big difference between having a strong personality and being a bitch. Which everyone in New York was a bitch.
"Yeah guess so" I say.
My moms not that good for talking, but there is one thing she could be useful for right now.
"I got invited to a party Friday" I say and her face lights up.
"A party?! Wow! Oh we're going to make you look stunning!" She says excitedly.
"Nothing extravagant, just a cute party dress and maybe some new Louis Vuitton's"