THIRTEEN

not edited yet
Love me or hate me, I told you it was a slow moving Kiribaku fic, so bare with me.
word count: 2231

KIRISHIMA'S POINT OF VIEW

I feel his glare burning into my back, those rare eyes of melancholy that may, at any minute, drip with what he'd think is rejection.

Fuck. It's not like I didn't want to comfort him, I was just worried someone in this room woke up in the middle of the night and saw us. To me and to him, it's obviously platonic- The Bakugo I've seen wouldn't do this shit if it wasn't what he needed. But damn was it unexpected.

I didn't know what I was supposed to say, and when I tense up, I'm sure he noticed. "I-I'm just fucking with you. Tch-" I feel him shifting away, taking most of our shared blanket and wrapping it tighter around himself. What could I have done? I didn't see the harm in a little solace. When I toss myself 'round I realise he's still awake, now glaring at me when I try and uncaging him, taking some of the blanket back for myself too. "The fuck are you doing?" he hisses a whisper.

I hesitate for a second before wrapping an arm around his waist, pulling him closer to me. For someone whom acts so cold, distant and closed, I see he too can't pull away. He just let's me, too stunned from terror to move. "Just fucking with me huh?" I point out his mistake as he struggles to wrap his own arm around mine, his hair tickling my neck. He groans and there is a minor pause before he retaliates, "not gay huh?" I had to admit, I didn't mind his joke so much. Though I'm not sure why it used to, the whole 'you're definitely gay' talk didn't seem to bother me anymore. From his tease, I say what's first to come to my mind.

"We'll just have to see then, don't we?" but it wasn't smug, just genuine. I haven't admitted I was or not, but he wouldn't be false to assume. Right after I say this, he lifts his head up to meet mine. "You're not denying it? Aren't you-" I'm starting to see that the life their living isn't unnatural. I mean, if they certainly are what the officials say they are, then why aren't they like that?

"I don't even know who I am anymore, Bakugo." He let off a inaudible "oh" after I said this, only hugging me a little closer, and so this reminded me of something. "Bakugo" said I, catching his attention. "Yeah?" He waited for me to continue, but I didn't know how to word it. Therefore, casuing a aiding pause between us.

"Open up to me" I didn't sound unsure of myself, I basically demanded it. Bakugo's muscles seemed to strain, his breathing heavier than before from what I had requested. I gave him time before he responded. Then he did, "I don't know you on a personal level and I'd like to keep it that way." I scoffed, it was quite ironic since our fucking arms are wrapped around one another as we speak. Yet, what did I expect right? Still closed doors. But was that going to stop me? No.

"Why not? I'm not here to push you, I just know how it feels to have bottled up feelings. Not telling anyone causes you to erupt, to do things you never thought you would. For instance-" I tried coming up with the most obvious example, "you asking me to hug you." There was a deafeaning in the room, and just when I was about to open my mouth, he opened his first.

"Who said I wouldn't?" says Bakugo, nonchalantly and half offended.

Dazed as hell, "I-I'm sorry?" I ask in a 'repeat-that-please-,-even-when-I-heard-exactly-what-you-said' kind of way. He groans and even when it wasn't extremely obvious, I sense contemplation in his minor silence. "Fine" he finally blurts, pausing right after, "just this one thing, got it?" he finishes, and I couldn't help the smirk itching on my lips. "Go ahead" Fuck it- I smirked, he can't see a damn thing anyways. There is another little silence, and it's either he's unsure how to start, or that he doesn't know what to do. He sighs.