Chapter X: A Dark Memory part 2: What Never Was...

Start bij het begin

Matt turned back to Blayze and spoke, "A mindless animal now, all thanks to Jake."

The scene melted away leaving me in the picth-black nothingness. Just an empty space lusting to be filled with something. Anything.

I looked around trying to figure out what was happening. Was this a dream? A vision to show me events that had transpired?

As my mind raced with questions, a sharp pain shot through my head causing me to drop to my knees clutching my head.

"Gah ahh aah!"

A new enviroment began to fill the space. The sky was painted crimso red. A massive clock tower stood from the ground cutting the sky. After the pain subsided, I was able to focus in on my surroundings; I was back in Twilight Town. Which part of Twilight Town I'm not sure, but its still Twilight Town. I heard the hiss of automattic doors sliding open and saw Matt step out from under the clock tower. He stood at the base of the steps and looked around. As he started to walk toward me, voices sounded behind me and I turned to see who was talking. Two people were walking up. One was a tall man with blue relaxed and spikey hair. He had an 'X' shape scar on the bridge of his nose. He had on a black cloak that seemed all too familar.... As my eyes lower to his companion, I gave a startled gasp at who it was.

"Ayame?"

-Third Person-

"Ayame?" a voice called out waking her up. She looked aroind the room and saw that she was all alone.

She shook her head, "I'm starting to lose it."

She stood up and looked over Jake's unmoving body. Oathkeeper was still clutched tightly in his hands. Ayame wasn't sure why, but she felt a twinge of pain in her heart seeing him like this. She hated herself for this. She didn't like this noobie, he was no equal to her. So why did she feel so sorry for the kid? Unable to stand it anymore, Ayame opened a Dark Door (A/N: i dont know the exact term for those portals the Organization uses, but thats what I call them) and stepped through it to take her to the roof of the castle. She leaned over the edge and looked down into the caverns where countless heartless swarmed the grounds in attempt to enter the castle.

"Hmmm, lets blow off a little steam." she said stepping onto the ledge and leaping into the swarm.

-Jake-

After the little encounter with Ayame, Matt decided to head down into the tunnels. Not sure of what I should do, I followed him. He walked into a tunnel that lead down below the town into a network of tunnels. Gates blocked off certain parts causing us to walk around. Matt stopped and looked around then took out that mysterious black Keyblade and cut the air in front of him.

"Its clear, you can come out now Master."

A portal opened allowing an elderly man to step forward. His skin had a deep tan. He was bald with a pointy grey beard and odd orange eyes. He wore a black outfit with white trimmings and white gloves. He folded his hands behind his back and looked at Matt who in turn dropped to one knee in respect.

"You've done well my pupil." he said in a raspy voice, "All that's left to do now is make sure Jake's heart falls into the darkness turning him into a heartless thus creating a Nobody."

Turn me into a heartless!? What? Why would Matt do that? Hes my best friend, this has to be some cruel joke. A sick twisted dream. None of this could be real.

"Yes Master Xehenort, tell me what I must do."

-Third Person-

Sora walked into the room and saw Oathkeeper clutched tightly in his hands a light blue arua covering it. Sora tilted his head to the side looking at it.

"That's weird." he said to himself.

The King walked in and heard Sora's comment and examined Jakes body seeing Oathkeeper in his hands.

"Gosh!" the King said, "This isn't good. How long has he been like this?"

"Hmmm," scratches his head, "Beats me, I just walked in."

The King frowned and turned to leave, "I'll back be back soon, I have to go see Master Yen Sid." And with that, he was gone.

Sora turned his attention back to Jake as his eyes fell upon the keyblade.

"Man," he shook his head, "You are one strange kid..."

-Jake-

I couldn't believe it, but can you blame me? My best friend was plotting to turn me into a heartless in order to create a Nobody. If you were in my shoes would you believe it? No, I didn't think so.

The older man, Xehenort Matt called him, stood there laughing. All Matt did was stay there kneeling in front of the maniac.

"Go boy!" Xehenort ordered, "Go and finish what you started."

"Yes, Master." was Matt's response, then the scene shattered. And I was falling into darkness, again.

But it felt different somehow. It was like, someone was guiding me through the blackness. Up ahead of me was a tiny dot of light. As I got closer the light grew bigger and brighter until it encased me in its warmth.

Once the light subsided I was in a new place. I had never been to this world before, so I didn't know what it was called. Millions of stars were sprinkled throughout the night sky. Buildings stood high off the ground reaching above and beyond. A heart shaped moon hung high in the sky. Yes, a heart shaped moon.

"Now where the heck am I?"