Epilogue [unedited]

Start from the beginning

Relieve washed over her employees face and nodded rapidly and got up before bowing a few times. "Thank you ma'am thank you. May Vishnu bless you. Thank you ma'am" She said before disappearing out of the room.

Lisa chuckled a bit and shook her head at the cuteness of the woman.

When she realized that probably everyone had left already she rose to her feet, grabbed her belongings and made her way to the elevator.

She couldn't wait to get home. She had missed her baby. She had been sick for a few months now and just wanted to hold her again. She knew that time with her was limited and wanted to spend every last minute together.

***

Lisa entered her mansion and quickly grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. She was thirsty and hungry, but the food could wait. She first had to go check up on her sick baby.

She walked upstairs, past her fathers empty bedroom, before going into her room. Her heart sunk when the woman saw the state that she was in.

"Lilly..." Lisa sadly whispered and quickly made her way to the cat laying on top of her bed. She gently stroked the cats fur making the animal lift her head a bit. The cat's eyes were tired and Lisa could just feel the pain radiating from them.

"You really are in pain... Aren't you Lilly?" She sighed and laid her head down next to the felines body. She saw how her cat was slowly breathing, trying to avoid it hurting too much.

"Would you like for mommy to bring you out of your suffering?" She whispered and gently scratched the cat's head. Lilly opened her eyes a bit and with a lot of effort bumped the woman's side with her paw. It was as if she was telling Lisa that she wanted that. Lisa held back her tears and nodded.

She continued laying there for a bit more before getting up. She needed to do this. She couldn't be selfish anymore.

But Lilly was the last one that she had left with her.

Why did everyone and everything leave her?

With a lot of care and effort she put her cat into the carrying box. She was sure to put in her favorite blanket and toy, just so she wouldn't be too stressed out during the drive.

It was a good half hour ride, and she did it all in silence. Her thoughts were racing and she didn't know how to feel anymore.

As she arrived at the veterinarian's office. She put on her sunglasses and carefully picked up her cat's box, before making her way inside. She turned a lot of heads while walking in.

Practically everyone knew who she was. Her black heels, grey suite and pitch black straightened hair made her even more recognizable. You didn't see a woman dressed like that every day.

She walked up to the desk and after the receptionist and Lisa shared a few words she led Lisa to another room.

"You can sit there ma'am. Our newest vet will be there with you soon."

Lisa nodded and thanked her before taking a seat and put up her sunglasses. She took off the top lid so she could pet her sick cat. Her heart ached at the feeling. In less than an hour the last thing she had close to her heart would get taken away from her. She didn't know how to cope. She kept on a brave face and whispered loving words to the cat.

She looked up when the door opened and a woman completely covered in a blue gown, scrubs onto her feet, gloves onto her hands, a mask in front of her face and a cap on her head, walked in. Lisa released a breath as the woman reached out her hand.

"Nice to meet you Ma'am. If you'd be so kind to follow me." She spoke. Lisa shook it and nodded, a bit taken back by the voice. It sounded really pleasant to her ears.