⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐛𝐢

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
━━ 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒃𝒊

     The following morning, Juliette woke up wanting to put a little more thought into her outfit, she even dared to use some makeup. She had never been the one to dress up too much, not because she did not want to but because she was not sure if certain clothes would look good on her or it would just make her seem stupid. That day, however, she decided to wear a cute casual dress that her mom had bought for her some months ago and that she had never actually worn. She was just feeling like it.

     "Why so dolled up?", asked her father once she came downstairs to eat breakfast.

     "I realised that I had never worn this dress mom bought me," she replied, wanting to get out of there as soon as possible. She was starting to feel ridiculous already.

     "And you even put makeup on," Lisa observed, looking back at Ava, "do you have a date or something we don't know about?"

     "If I had a date, you would know about it. You always find out everything. I just saw the dress in my closet and decided to put it on, don't think too much into it," the oldest redhead excused herself, grabbing an apple and exiting the house through the front door. She was done with the interrogatory.

     However, as she put a foot on the street, she felt the sudden urge to go home and get changed into something more comfortable and akin to her usual style but, before she could turn around, Big Red passed before her.

     "Hey, Juliette," he greeted, stopping to wait for her, "I like your dress."

     "Oh, thanks, Big Red," the girl replied with a smile on her face.

     "Walk with me to school?"

     "Sure, yeah," and with that, both teenagers marched together. They were not the closest, but Juliette knew Big Red was one of the funniest persons she had ever met and she was always delighted to be around him.

     "So, how are the decorations going?"

     "Oh, everything's going great, we have nearly finished already," she explained, looking upwards at Big Red's face, "how are you doing as 'stage manager'?"

     "I hate it and I cannot see the moment to get out of there," he nonchalantly declared, making Juliette laugh.

     "Yeap, that's on musical theatre. But hey, once everything has ended, you are going to miss it."

     "The only thing I'm going to miss is not spending most of my time alone anymore," he looked down at her. This made Juliette sad, how could someone so fun and kind as Big Red not have that many friends?

     "Hey, if once this is over you need some company, I'm just one call away," she smiled at the boy besides her, "tell Ricky to send you my number."

     "Speaking of which, what's up with both of you lately?"

     "What do you mean?"

     "He cannot stop talking about you," he confessed, "'Juliette this', 'Juliette that', 'Juliette sleeps cute', 'I have so much fun talking with Juliette'... I think he has almost forgot about Nini and his whole stupid plan."

     "What do you mean 'plan'? Oh wait, did he say I sleep cute? To you? Like not joking?"

     "He entered the musical so he could get back together with Nini but I don't remember the last time he talked about her anymore. And yeap, he said that yesterday. He specifically called... how does he know you sleep cute?" he stopped on his tracks, "you are not having sex, are you!?"