Torture a.k.a Party

Start from the beginning

"Don't put your shortcomings on me?" she said.

"I am not ma'am, but you are," I said.

"No, it is not her shortcomings but her sadness that is making her say all these" Raghav said.

"I think it is guilt mixed with jealousy that is making her say all these," I said looking at Raghav.

"Maybe, What do you think Maanav?" Raghav asked.

"I think Nirvana is right," Maanav said.

"Nirvana ki chamche, Okay, How do you justify jealousy? , I can guess the guilt." Raghav said.

"I am right here" she screamed.

"I noticed," I said looking at her. I turned to Raghav and said, "She feels guilty because she feels she could have done more, She feels jealous because she knows I was there for Kruthika when she was not and Have you forgotten the stages of grief?" 

"Oh yeah, Do you think she passed the stage of denial?" Raghav asked.

"Are You?" I questioned looking at her.

She stormed off without saying anything towards where all the older people were sitting. Well, one down several more to go.

"So, This is awkward," Nihal said trying to break the ice.

"You don't say," I said looking at him with a full-blown smile. He cracked up laughing which almost all of us followed.

"Well, I don't remember most of your names but I promise to memorize them as fast as I can," I said jokingly.

"Don't worry, I took almost one month to get them all right." Akhila(Nihal's wife) said.

"Maasi, Come fast we are playing lift-up and run," Karthi said.

"That's my calling, Nice meeting you all, I hope to see you under better circumstances next time," I said smiling.

"I am coming," Raghav said.

"Me too," Maanav said.

"Me three" Nihal said. I laughed and told them to join.

All the kids were standing near the start point with their partners we went and joined Karthi.

"Okay, who is going to lift me and run?" Karthi asked.

"You choose," Maanav said.

"I want Raghav and Maanav Chachu" Karthi said.

"Ahhhh, You ditched me," I said melodramatically.

"But Maasi, I want to win" Karthi whined.

"Okay, I will help her," I said smiling and pointing to a girl whose parents were taking care of her younger brother.

"Hello, What is your name?" I asked.

"Hi, I am Nisha," she said.

"Do you want to play Nisha?" I asked.

"Yes, But my parents are with my brother." She said.

"It's Okay, Nihal and I will help you," I said.

We went and stood behind the entry line with Nisha in between us.

"Okay, Does everyone have their partners?" Aunty said.

"Yes" All of us shouted.

"Okay then, Ready... Lift up...Run" Aunty shouted.

Nihal and I lifted Nisha holding her under her armpits and started running. Nisha was laughing so badly that I wanted to stop and laugh along with her but we were in the third position behind Karthi and another kid. I looked at Nihal and asked him to run faster which we did and we were almost at the finish line when we overtook Karthi and won the race.