Chapter One: The Journey Begins

l slept in until 4:30 which was weird for me but I decided  to get ready for school anyway. It was normally a real internal battle to get ready for school but I could not wait to go to Ouran.  I threw on the pretty yellow girls uniform, white tights, and brown dress shoes and put my schedule in my binder and shoved it into the largest compartment of my backpack. I then brushed and flossed my teeth and brushed my boyish,dirty blonde hair and looked at myself in the giant sliding mirror concealing the closet opposite the small sink.  I then went to my bed to grab my phone, he alarm set on my phone blared at it's set five o' clock A.m time. I fumbled with the device and shut the alarm off, first swiping the pattern to unlock it and put it on silent before putting it into the smallest compartment of my backpack and shaking my dad awake 15 minutes before it was time to go and he handed me the car keys for me to go start the car so it could warm up . I grabbed an apple from the kitchen as I passed it and then left, the chill of early spring starting to set in outside and you unlocked the car, sitting in the passenger seat and starting it up from there, pointing the vents away from you until the heaters kicked in.

minuites seemed like hours waiting for my dad to come out of the door and sit in the driver's seat and take off. We stayed silent the whole long car ride there and he stopped a bit short of Ouran's lovely gilded gates so I walked for a small bit and sheepishly walked from the gates to find your first class, slightly embarrased as people began to stare at me, not that it was a shock that they were. I was nearing eighteeen and only about 4"6 so I was quite used to people staring at me, teasing me, talking about me behind my back. It pissed me off when people judged me, it pissed me off a lot. But I learned to ignore it after a while of being teased. 

Honey's P.O.V 

" Bring the car around would you Shizune?" I was ready to go to school.  "Yes, master Mitsukuni" My maid Shizune bowed before leaving to do as I had ordered and I waited for the car's arrival, it was an old rolls royce but kept in good condition  and I hopped in the back, cuddling Usa-chan as he was sat on my knees and I hummed anxiously until we arrived.

 No sign of anyone new "Hey Honey-Kun" a girl I  knew from class smiled and came up to me " You have to meet the new girl!" "Is she nice?" I was curious to know something about her before having to help her and maybe show her around the school, my friend looked at me a bit sheepishly " I have no idea, but she seems nice and I think you two would get along." She giggled as she skipped away childishly with joy. Okay, now i'm even more curious on who this maiden could be but I have to get to class. I began to trot off to class 1-C and made it just in time, scooting into my seat and eagerly awaiting the new arrival to our class. Finally the teacher walked in with, Iji? It was undeniably the girl I met on Saturday, the enchanting maiden I had been to nervous to call over the weekend! "Class, this is our new student Izzy Kelly. She is new to the Japanese language so excuse her if her speech is a bit broken" The teacher smiled "Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself before you take a seat next to Mitsukuni there and he will catch you up on what were learning?" 

IZZY'S P.O.V

I walked into the classroom behind the teacher who I had met in the hallway. She was an almost overly cheery older woman, almost like a grandmother but not quite that old. She adressed the class and introduced me to them Please don't make me say something about myself I stood motionless and the teacher, who I had learned to call Hayashi-Sensei, said the words I dreaded "Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself before you take a seat next to Mitsukuni there and he will catch you up on what were learning?" "Alright. Well my dad is an up and coming author and we decided to move out of my aunt's place and decided to go somewhere different, and since I am a huge anime nerd and a nerd for Japanese culture, we thought Japan would be perfect." I hurriedly scooted to the only available desk, the person who was going to help me tapped me on the shoulder and said in a whisper excitedly "Hi iji-chan!" I turned to face the person. It was Honey-Senpai, I can't believe this! it was way to cool " Hi Honey-senpai" "Just call me Honey" "B-but that is unethical..that is only used for" "Close family and or lovers I know. But it's okay if I allow you to. " he interrupted me " Might I call you Iji?" he gave a cute smile, almost begging me as I thought about it and smiled back "Sure. I can tell we are going to be good friends" "I can too, I can't wait for you to meet everyone at the host club!' "You guys have a host club?!" My eyes lit up like a jack-a-lantern with excitement, I had heard of host clubs through anime and manga " Yeah, I'm actually a member" He replied "That is so cool! I wish I were a guy so I could host, when are you going to take me there?" "After we get lunch. " " Yes, I can't wait!" after an entire period of talking, The bell rang and after I exited the classroom Honey came up next to me "Mind if I take you to our next class?" " How do you know we have the same class?" " Well, all students in the same class have the same schedule. You mean it's not like that in America?" "No, we choose our courses and get an individual schedule based on the subjects we choose" "Woah" " I like Japan's way better, we can all be kinda like a family!" "Yeah" Honey opened the door as we came to it, I thanked him and sat beside him and the teacher began and Honey began explaining Japanese history and what we were learning and I took notes, not paying attention to the teacher, but to Honey as he explained everything until the bell rang for noontime recess.