Chapter 27: The Scarlet Fury

(Y/n)'s POV

I ran through town on all fours, getting the attention of as many savage hybrids as I could. They all chased after me like zombies running after a group of survivors. When I was sure I had all of them following me, I began heading toward the center of town.

Suddenly, I looked to my left and saw Nara gaining on me. She slashed at me with her claws, thankfully missing. An electrical surge emanated from my body, knocking her backwards.

I looked up and saw Rex running along the rooftops. He pounced down at me. I moved to the side to dodge his attack and he tumbled to the ground with me leaving him in the dust.

I arrived at the center of town and climbed up the old clock tower until I was on the roof, about a dozen hybrids began climbing up the sides of the build. I covered my ears on top of my head with one of my arms and took a deep breath. I blew into the whistle as I could. All the hybrids climbing up the clock tower grabbed the sides of their heads and fell back down to the ground.

I stopped and all the hybrids started looking around, confused. I looked at the whistle in my hand, and without any hesitation, I crushed into pieces.

(Y/n): that's enough of that.

???: (Y/N)!

I looked to my left and saw Kyanna, Cody, Erma, Kestin, and Nomad running over to me. Kyanna climbed up the tower by digging her fingers in between the bricks that made up the building. I helped her up onto the roof and we stood side by side.

Kyanna: looks like it worked.

(Y/n): yeah.

At that moment I saw in my peripheral vision. I looked and saw something coming over the hill just beyond the town. I shouted down at Erma.

(Y/n): hey Erma, you got any binoculars on ya.

She reached into her bag, pulled out a pair of binoculars and threw them up to me.

I caught them and looked through them. Over the hill came an army of claws of dala members with A-24 and the 2 other hybrids on the front lines.

(Y/n): we got company.

I handed the binoculars to Kyanna and she looked through them. She gasped.

Kyanna: what do we do?!

I looked down at all the hybrids.

(Y/n): hey!

The all just sat there, looking around like lost animals.

(Y/n): HEY!

They still wouldn't respond.

(Y/n): for God's sake! REX, YOU OUT THERE?!

I saw Rex run over to the clock tower and climbed up to me.

Rex: yeah?

(Y/n): I need to get their attention, think you can help?

Rex cracked his knuckles.

Rex: oh, can I?

Rex turned to the crowd of hybrids and inhaled. Me and Kyanna both covered our ears, knowing what he was about to do. Rex then let out an ear shattering roar that made the whole building shake. All the hybrids look up at us. I finally had their attention.

(Y/n): LISTEN UP! THE CLAWS OF DALA ARE ON THEIR WAY HERE WITH AN ARMY! IF THEY SUCCEED IN THEIR PLANS EVERYTHING'S GONNA FALL INTO CHAOS! HOWEVER, I KNOW THAT WE CAN STOP THEM! I KNOW THAT WE HAVE THE POWER TO COMPLETELY DESTROY THEM! THEY'RE THE ONE WHO MADE US WHO WE! THEY GAVE US OUR POWERS AND TURNED US INTO WEAPONS! I SAY WE SHOW THEM WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ALL THEIR HARD WORK BACKFIRES AND SHOOT THEM IN THE FACE!