"We just finished actually, I just came back to the room, I was getting ready to shower. Alright, what is the reason you called then baby?" He giggled happily and ran a hand through his dark hair.

"Okay, this is why I called," I held up the picture from the scan so he could see it.
"You had a day off because you had to draw a weird picture?" He asked puzzled and turned his head to one side to study it closer.

"No, pabo, that's not something I drew. You can't tell what it is? What if I say that it's something that we both have created?"

He pursed his lips and sighed, studying the picture closer. "This looks kind of like what you'd see at the doctor when y—," he stopped mid-sentence.

I nodded eagerly, cheering him on as he was getting to the right answer.
"Wait... you're- we're — I mean are WE HAVING A BABY?" He almost screamed his last words and his eyes widened as he started grinning widely.

"Bingo! I'm pregnant, you're going to be a daddy!" I said excitedly and wiggled in my seat.
"Baby! That's amazing, oh my god I'm so excited! Do you know the sex of the baby? Wait don't tell me, we should be surprised, no I want to know, wait— no I don't want to know... When's the due date? Are you taking care of yourself? Do you drink enough water? Do you have enough healthy food at home? I should start writing down all the things we need to prepare—"

"Stop babe," I interrupted Donghae's meltdown as he was just beginning to slur out random thing. But it was cute that he was so excited.

"Sorry, I got caught up for a moment there," he chuckled and scratched his cheek.

"It's okay honey, it is exciting! But to answer your questions, we can't know the sex yet, we'll know that at the next appointment. And the due date is December 5th. Don't worry alright? We'll do this together, as soon as you come home we'll figure everything out," I said staring lovingly at the screen.

He was so sweet and I couldn't wait to raise this baby with him. He'd be the best dad in the world, no doubt.

"Okay, thank you baby, this is why I need you. You always keep me grounded. I'm so excited! Have you told anyone else yet?"
I shook my head, "No I haven't I wanted you to be the first. Well except my coworker Dong-Geun he was there when I took the test,"

He cocked his head to one side, "Oh I love Dong-Geun he's so nice. I'm glad he was there to make sure you were okay,"

"He's gonna die when I tell him you said that. When are you coming home? I miss you," I pouted at him to let him know I was sad that he wasn't here yet.

"I know haha. Next week we'll head back home, so you don't have to wait that much longer. I miss you too babe, so much. I can't wait to come home to you, Bada and the baby,"

"Well, we're waiting for you honey. Work hard, okay? I'll talk to you later then, go take your shower," I smiled widely at the screen. It was hard to wipe off the smile just thinking about having this baby with that beautiful man.

"Alright, I'll probably call you in the evening or tomorrow evening, I love you Y/n," he blew me a kiss and giggled.
"I love you too, Donghae!"

We hung up and I closed my pc before heading over to fetch my phone. I had to call dad and Eun Jae was probably asleep right now so I'd have to wait.

I found dad's number and called him up.
"Hello?" His raspy voice came into the phone. He sounded so old, how did he even get to that point?

"Hi daddy, how are you?" I cheerfully chimed through the speaker.
"Sweetheart, hello. Your old man is fine, just getting tired a bit quicker than usual. Aren't you supposed to be working?"

I chuckled to myself, "Daddy, you need to look after yourself, especially in the coming time. I called you because I wanted to tell you something, which is also why I'm not at wok today. I went to the doctor and had it confirmed that I'm pregnant! Daddy, you'll be a grandpa!"

"Really? Oh my daughter, I'm going to be a grandpa! This is such wonderful news, congratulations. When will the baby arrive?" He sounded more happy and awake than when he'd first picked up.
"Yes appa, it's going to be great! The due date is start December, so we'll have a winter baby." Replied smiling to myself.

"Oh I can't wait, it'll be the most beautiful baby in the world," he cooed lightly and laughed lightheartedly.

"Thanks appa, the baby is lucky to have you as a grandpa, I just wish mom could be here to see it," I said feeling a little sad that mom couldn't witness this major event.

"I know sweetheart, but your mom would've been so proud of you, of the amazing young woman you've become," he spoke, his voice quivering a tiny bit. I could tell that he still missed her so much. All three of us did, so very much.

We spoke a bit more before he had to go to work at the construction site.

I then called Ha-Ra who was extremely busy but had the time to squeal and congratulate me before we had to hang up on each other.

It was nice to hear her voice but it sucked that she didn't have that much time to talk.

Afterwards, I called Donghae's mom who almost fell off the chair she was sitting on but she was so excited and she offered to come down when I started the third trimester to help out and then be there for a few months when the baby had arrived to help out around the house. She was such a kind woman and I was lucky she was my mother-in-law.
I couldn't get a hold of Eun-Jae but I texted her to call as soon as she could.

Hope you like the chapter, let me know in the comments what your thoughts are so far xx