thirty two.

The two became even busier as their exams neared. Seungmin was always huddled in his room with books piled in every nook and cranny. Hyunjin on the other hand was slightly calmer. He occasionally held a book and read some lines from it, proceeding to take a break of an hour or two.

But for once, Hyunjin was sitting at the dining table, trying to get everything inside his head (and failing miserably). He scratched his head in confusion.

Suddenly, Seungmin came downstairs. It seemed that he came for a glass of water.

"hey...uh...Seungmin?" Hyunjin called out. Seungmin hummed and turned towards him, taking a sip of water. "I can't understand this...do you think you could explain?" the taller requested. Seungmin pulled a chair and sat beside him, taking the book from him. He quickly glanced through the paragraph and said "oh this is pretty easy...so basically it's like..."

Seungmin went on and on explaining each and every word carefully but Hyunjin only paid attention to his lips, wanting to kiss them right there and then.

"understood?" Seungmin questioned once he was done explaining. The taller didn't reply. Instead he just leaned in and kissed the latter gently. It felt so soft and so pure that Seungmin didn't want to pull away but once Hyunjin inserted his tongue, Seungmin realized what things would lead to.

He immediately pulled away. "we both know one thing will lead to another" Seungmin said getting up. "so no sex until the exams are over i guess." He said, walking away but before he could go too far, Hyunjin grabbed his wrist. "uhm...could you just...explain it again?" Hyunjin shyly asked.

Seungmin was pissed but couldn't help letting out a chuckle. "aight...one last time...pay attention"

-

On the day of the last exam, Seungmin was acting a little off. When they both woke up, Seungmin asked Hyunjin what day it was and he excitedly replied, "OUR LAST EXAM! Motherfucker you have no idea how excited i am."

Seungmin just replied with an, "oh" and didn't talk to him for the rest of the day. Hyunjin was worried he was missing something.

Even after they exited the exam hall, Hyunjin wanted to ask Seungmin how his last exam was (cause all is well that ends well) but before he could tap his shoulder, Felix and Jisung pounced on Seungmin.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITHC" they both yelled simultaneously. "you both are so embarrassing. Jeez" Seungmin said, rolling his eyes and proceeding to hug both boys.

It was at this moment Hyunjin (knew he fucked up) felt his heart drop. He had no idea it was Seungmins birthday. They had been living together for months now and he didn't know Seungmins birthday? Hyunjin simply felt like a terrible person.

Seungmin suddenly turned to see Hyunjin behind him with a dazed expression on his face. For a moment Hyunjin just observed him. Even though he was wearing casuals, he looked gorgeous.

He didn't realize when Seungmin came close to him. "I'll see you back at home later in the evening" He said. Hyunjin snapped out of his thoughts and nodded. Seungmin just giggled lightly and turned back around.

To Hyunjin, that sounded like the most endearing thing he had ever heard.

Suddenly Hyunjin realized he had been forgetting something. "H-Hey Seungmin...Happy Birthday!" He said, somewhat awkwardly. Seungmin turned to him and pouted. "Happy realization" Seungmin replied before turning and walking away again.

Hyunjin clenched his heart and smiled.

As the taller continued to head towards the parking lot, he heard a few girls conversing. "do you know that Hwang Hyunjin has a dog?" one of them said. "oh my god really? I didn't think he'd be a dog person. I suddenly like him more now" the other replied.

Hyunjin only scoffed and continued walking. Little did they know.

Authors Note

Last update before my exams start
RIP✌️I'm planning to continue writing When I take breaks but will only update after exams

I'll return when skz make their Japanese debut