Beneath

After I saw the statue a chasm opened up and took me underground. I was confused as to where I was. I later found out it was a place called The Forbidden Zone. Apparently discovering a planet full of talking Apes which I later found out was Earth itself wasn’t enough. I was in for more surprises and boy were they ever. This place was a lot different from up there. Suddenly it dawned on me, something I hadn’t noticed before. The Apes were categorized, chimps were civilians, Gorilla’s were military and Orangtuan’s were doctors and as for us? Slaves.  

I finally landed on what appeared to be another planet. I was sent to see if Taylor was still alive. My god! I cannot believe my eyes. This place is inhabited by Apes, walking upright and talking! Where the heck am I, I thought. They spotted me and soon I was captured. I had no idea if they were friendly in fact I knew they weren’t. I was placed in a cell with a mute woman. I had given up all hope but then realized that this woman was wearing Taylor’s dog tag around her neck. Perhaps, he’s still alive.

Dr. Zaius, that was his name. The head of these Orangtuan doctors. He was a cruel and bitter ape. He reminded me of so many people I had encountered back on Earth. I was wounded by a gorilla and now had to be treated by him. I don’t know whether he’ll treat me or kill me to be honest. There’s something about him I can’t put my finger on. When he speaks, it’s different from the rest. I feel as though he knows more then the rest of the apes. As if he knows more then he is leading on.

I found Taylor. He was alive, thank god! It was good to see him but our happy reunion was short lived when he told me the truth about this place. He told me it was Earth and that apparently it was us humans who created this Ape world. I was in shock but it all pieced together and made sense. We were taken to a room and these mutants who used to be human had telepathic powers. They made me and Taylor fight using telepathic powers, when that failed they used it on us to tell them what we knew.

One of my fellow astronauts had arrived. When he found me he could not believe I was alive. He also couldn’t believe he was on a planet inhabited by apes. Just imagine his surprise when I told him it was Earth. We came across fellow humans but they were mutated by something and were slaves to the apes like us. They were building a bomb. When I saw it I knew what had to be done. We took on some of the apes and I found where the controls were. God forgive me for what I am about to do.