The boy sighed deeply, pausing before stating uncomfortably, "You know what, I know. But I'm... I'm too scared what life would be like without all of this."

Kun took a quick glance at the beautiful one next to him, his features growing dismal. "That's surprising. I'd think you'd be scared to be the way you are, because you lose control. What are you scared of?"

Taeyong shifted awkwardly in his seat and shyly looked back out the window, his expression hidden by the strands of his pink hair. He didn't say anything, the silence dragging on so long that Kun didn't expect an answer until the boy spoke lowly,

"I'm scared of myself."

Kun tensed a bit, but he nodded as if he understood. Taeyong knew he couldn't. He didn't think anyone could. He swiftly regretted telling the Chinese that and stayed silent for the rest of the ride, fiddling with that dumb string and feeling even more alone.

-

10 notifications!

Taeyong quietly groaned, dragging his hands through his hair as his strained eyes stared at the screen of his phone. He must've got three hours of sleep last night and his phone's ringtone going off probably shook him awake. The boy's irises lulled to the back of his head, sinking back down into his bed as he hesitantly clicked on the notifications. He wished everyone would just leave him by himself. The boy didn't feel like talking or texting anyone right now.

7 missed calls from unknown.

Immediately blocked.

2 text messages from Ten.
hey u want to hangout 2night
I want u to try something and miss u ;)

Taeyong knew that was bullshit. Ten was attracted to him and all they'd be doing was drugs and meaningless sex. He deleted those messages and moved on, his thumb stopping on the last notification.

1 text message from unknown.
hi, this is Jaehyun :>

The pink haired's eyebrows lightly furrowed, but an amused smile masked his lips. He opened up the message and answered back almost immediately. He didn't think he'd ever reach out, and especially with a weird but somehow cute textmoji like that.

9:01 AM
hey jaehyun

9:03 AM
you answered ??

9:04 AM
you didn't think I would?

9:04 AM
no... not really
but anyway how are you :3

9:04 AM 
I'm okay right now, you?

9:06 AM
I'm goood
I was thinking about that offer you gave me
yk, like the one where you said you'd be there
if I needed anything...

9:07 AM
oh
What is it?

9:10 AM
Well I wanted to know if you would like to go to the arcade w/me

9:10 AM
the old one?

9:11 AM
Yeah
It's okay if you don't want to
I was just wondering since we used to go there all the time together