The Fans Made Me

I just want to thank my supporters, those marvelous people who write to me, loved my pictures and followed my career. Without my dear and cherished fans, I would not have ever been. You see, I actually failed my first two screen tests, but through the kindness of a friend, who believed in me, rather instilled me with the desire to press on. Then once signed, Metro really didn't know what to do with me, so again an assistant cameraman helped me to create my image. His advice was to work on a diet and exercise program to make me camera ready. I now had large eyes, and a generous mouth that I thought looked like a flat tire, and a lot of bones that showed. Somehow, my freckles worked for me and voila, I now had a star's face. Then after numerous missteps, a very kind lady helped me with my wardrobe, not only what was flattering to me, but what I wore that would get me noticed. Since Metro wasn't about to invest in someone without a following my luck was to have a connectivity to a public who took me into their imagination and their hearts, so then, and only then, through these wonderful people did my star ascend. Soon after my star was established, I learned to appreciate my craft and really enjoyed learning all the aspects of acting and the business of acting. And who do I have to thank for this career, this cultural icon status thing, this celluloid creation that I admit it, I love and cherished? My wonderful supporters. " Fans" is an oversimplification of the relationship that we share, but their love is sent right back to them times a trillion, and without their love and support, I would never have been.