a what

"What do mean you haven't gone out with her?" Dust asked. Nightmare placed the scrolls he was reading through back in their rightful place. only raising an eyebrow toward the other skeleton who had bombarded him with question the whole afternoon. "It means we haven't gone out on a date?" Nightmare answered, raising one of his bone brow. "I know that" Dust waved a hand toward his boss." Being a person that reads so many romance novel you sure don't know a lot about them. how much of that fluff do you even own?"

A cyan color spread quickly over Nightmares face and he quickly shoved Dust down from the table he was sitting on with one of his tentacle. hiding his blush in the progress. "Those are not fluff" he reassured himself. "So their smut then?" Dust asked. having gotten up from the floor and was resting his head in his hand. Nightmares eye shrank at he stared back at the skeleton with the uneven color eyes. "Are you just here to annoy me. for if you are, I swear-" Dust hands were quick to hold up in surrender. "Chill dude. Just here to help, I swear"

Nightmare just continued to stare at the other skeleton in the room. "With what. I don't see you helping me sort this mess you and Killer made when not supervised." Nightmare hands guessed to the scattered paper, note books and scrolls laying spread around the throne room. many of the paper being turned in to paper swans or other origami figures. Nightmare really hope none of those were important documents. it would be a pain to undo them without any further damage. sadly the throne room was not the only room liking like a mess with Killer and Dust being unsupervised for some days.

"Help you with your love quest." Nightmare rolled his eyes at the other skeletons word. "By what I know you now more about LOVE than love." Nightmare pointed out while picking up and sorting through some of the papers spread on the ground."Ouch, I'm hurt Nighty~." Dust commented before fully getting up on his feet and placing one arm around Nightmares shoulder. "Now you are listening to me for once in a lifetime. okay?"

Y/n took the last bite of her breakfast before putting it in the sink. instead of leaving it on the table or in her room like some of the others did. she had not seen anyone since she woke up. Nightmare was gone form the bed where the two had cuddled the whole night. leaving it cold and empty the next morning. much to her disappointment. a light blush and a dumb smile on her face as the thought of the confession made her feel warm inside. the TV on when she walked pass the living room. hearing curses between Cross and Killer. the normal banter when they decided playing competitive video games. the castle was filled with an comforting silence.

The girl decided to try out painting. she had no ideas about who to make it look nice, but she really wanted to try something else than her normal routine. She tried it a little bit when she was "rescued" by the star Sanses and Ink said she could keep the painting supply he had given her. hurrying off to the garden after she had got the paint, paintbrush and canvas. The garden had to giver some inspiration with it colorful flowers and plants. setting it all up she just decided to paint. not knowing what, and just enjoying what she was doing.

"out here again?" a deep voice spread through the garden. turning her head she saw Nightmare standing behind her. more curious in what she was painting than herself. "Thought it would be a nice place to get inspiration." his head tilted to the side as he studied the canvas. "Didn't know you painted" he said flatly. trying to find out what she was painting. "I didn't until now. wanted to try something new." Nightmare only nodded. just watching her paint for a while before he got the voice to break the silence again.

"Do you have anything planed later today?" he asked after fake coughing into his hand. "Not really. just planing on relaxing." He simply nodded at her answer. Can you meet me in the throne room in two hours?" he asked. his voice getting a bit softer than usual. the girl stooped painted an looked up at the king of nightmare with a smile. nodding her head before going back to her task in hand.

"come in." the muffled sound of Nightmare came from the other side of the large door to the throne room. opening it the girl was met with Nightmare holding some kind of bag in his hand. she gave a quick waved as she walked toward him. "hey Nightmare. whats in the bag?" she was quiet curios her friend turned boyfriend had planed. "You'll see" he answered, eyesight dimmed. opening a portal before offering his arm to her. she griped it and walked thorough the portal with him. they came to what she knew as waterfall, or at leas she believed it was.

it was a broken off piece from the rest of the tunnels underground. a large wall stood tall behind them with no visible way to get through. a grassy path where they stood was surrounded with echo flowers and some she couldn't quite speechify. a pool of water that some of the waterfalls palling of the cliff. it reflection looks like it has captured the starry sky. looking up she saw multiple stars and galaxy twirls above them mostly red tinted swirls. "Outertale?" she guessed. "In a way, yes. this is the fell counterpart. they are no longer her thanks to a recent pacifist rune. I can't sense a reset coming soon. so we should be fine."

Nightmare open the bag and took out a royal blue blanket he spread on top of the cold grassy and rocky floor while the she continued to take in the surrounding. "Have you prepared a picnicking?" she came over to the spread out blanket and sat down beside him. "I guess you can call it that" Nightmare answered while putting one of his tentacle around her and pulling her close. "guess it would be fitting for a first date" he mumbled into the top of her head while nuzzling her. her eyes open more at his word. "a... a date" she said mostly to herself. Nightmare only hummed in agreement.

"Where together, so I thought I was only fitting to go on our first date. It's just a bit more formal and I guess intimate than what we did when we were younger, remember?" the memory of them shearing fresh threats from the bakery. the sweet sent of sweets and flowers as they were seated under the three. laughing and reading together without a worry in their mind. she rested her head on his shoulder. breathing a sigh of relief of the calm energy the place gave off. snuggling into nightmare while watching the flowers move in an invisible force.

"Did you get inspiration for this date?" her voice held a teasing tone to it witch got Nightmare to let out a strangled sound. "N...No! I did... I did not" he stammerer out witch only made her giggle and hiss his jaw. "we all know romance novels are your favorite" she softly said while looking in his eye. he quickly warped his arms around her and hugged her to his chest, hiding his head in the back of her head. to hide his spreading blush.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

am so, so sorry for not updating. the holidays got the better of me and I had barely any time to sit down and write. and when I had time I was so tired or had no ideas what to write. I wanted to wait until I got better time to write a good chapter instead of forcing myself to write a bad one. I am so sorry for the delay. so I hope you enjoyed this longer chapter.

I'm also still looking for any romance trope you guys want to see before this story is done.