"Ok thanks Gina. Kenzie should be up by 3:30 but don't let her sleep past 4 or else she'll never go to bed," Ariana told her mother-in-law.

After saying goodbye to Gina, Jai and Ariana grabbed their coats and made their way to the doctor's office. Several hours later, Ariana sat nervously in the waiting room of the George Washington hospital. Jai was currently in the process of receiving an MRI. His physician had sent them over to the health center over an hour ago for the non-invasive procedure. It was the last in a series of tests that afternoon. At his actual doctor's appointment, Jai endured a major physical, several blood tests and of course a urine screening. Those test results and the MRI would be available in a few days although Ariana wasn't sure that she could wait that long.

"Hey," Jai approached his wife who was reading her magazine upside down. Jai knew that she was nervous but he had no idea that she this worried.

"Hi," Ariana immediately threw the magazine down on the empty chair next to her. "How did it go?"

"Fine Ari, it was fine," Jai replied as he offered his very pregnant wife a hand so she could stand.

"Thanks," Ariana responded as she made it up to her feet. "Do you have anymore tests?"

"No, I'm all done and completely sore, thanks to you."

"Jai I'm sorry," Ariana apologized, feeling incredibly guilty for making her husband endure a very hellish afternoon of being poked and prodded by doctors and nurses. "I didn't know they would run so many tests and I know how much you hate needles and..." Ariana rambled on until Jai finally stopped her.

"Honey, I was kidding," Jai smiled. "I'm alright Ari, honestly I'm a little sore but I'll survive."

"You jerk," Ariana punched her husband in the shoulder.

"Ow," Jai flinched, his wife had just punched him in a very sore spot; the sight of one of his many blood tests.

"Oh I'm sorry," Ariana immediately felt remorse. "I'll make it up to you."

"I'm thinking, candles, a nice long bath, some sparkling cider, and you and me naked for the rest of the day."

Ariana rolled her eyes, "I'm thinking I won't force you to do the dishes after dinner and maybe you can watch ESPN in bed."

"Well hot damn, I'm such a lucky guy," Jai chuckled as he led Ariana to the exit.

+=+=+=+=+

"Mackenzie, you do not eat cereal with your fingers," Ariana said sternly as she tidied up the kitchen a few days later, clearing away the last remnants of breakfast, aside from Mackenzie's who had gotten a late start that morning.

"Its fun Mommy!" the two and a half, almost three year old, squealed as she continued to slurp up her Lucky Charms in her small but pudgy fingers.

"Use your spoon or else breakfast is over for you, young lady," Ariana glared at her daughter, effectively causing the little one to use her silverware. "You need to finish up; we're going to be late for school."

"Kenzie no like school!" Kenzie exclaimed, banging her Cinderella spoon on the table to add a little emphasis.

Ariana rolled her big brown eyes, just yesterday Kenzie complained that she missed her twice a week pre-school class while Caitlin was in kindergarten all morning. "You love school and today is your big class Christmas party so you are going to have tons of fun."

"Me bring gingie man cookies to mine party?" Kenzie questioned before picking up her matching Cinderella bowl and downing the rest of her milk and what little cereal remained.