Epilogue - 4

The next day the Brooks family made the long trek to Aspen Colorado. Jai drove Ariana's Lexus SUV since it was more spacious with the three rows of seats. The trip took a little over eight hours with lots of bathroom stops for both a pregnant Sharpay and a newly potty-trained Caitlin. Ariana alternated between the passenger seat keeping Jai company and watching Caitlin's favorite movies in the back with her (which also consisted of a little shut eye for both of them).

"Oh its beautiful," Ariana gushed as Jai pulled up to the large Aspen cabin they were renting. "And big too, I can't wait to get inside."

"Big house," Caitlin squealed from her car seat. "Ooo ahhh."

Jai laughed at his girls, "Well here we go," Jai parked the car.

After grabbing the bags, Jai led the girls inside. Caitlin was holding Ariana's hand as they entered the front door of their new 'home.' Ariana immediately fell in love with its rustic charm. She took a quick bathroom break before going on a very detailed tour of the place.

"Shouldn't Luke and Dianna be here already?" Ariana questioned as they all walked up the stairs.

"Yeah I thought so, maybe their flight was delayed. We should have picked them up from the airport, I feel bad that they were taking a cab."

"Lets call them," Ariana replied, "After the tour of course. I want to pick our bedrooms first."

"Well we're getting the master hands down; it doesn't make sense for either of them to have it when they're by themselves."

"Agreed," Ariana replied.

"I want a pretty room Daddy," Caitlin smiled as she climbed up the stairs.

"Maybe you'll like this one," Jai suggested as he swung open the door.

"Oh right there Di," Luke moaned.

"Look Uncle Lukie and Auntie Dianna are having a big sleepover!" Caitlin exclaimed. "Fun, fun! Me too! Me too!"

Nah caught Caitlin before she had the chance to join in on the 'fun', "Sorry," Jai tried to avert his eyes.

"Oh my god!" Dianna screamed in horror.

"I...I...," Ariana was speechless as Jai dragged his wife and daughter out of the very occupied bedroom.

+=+=+=+=+

Needless to say the next time that Ariana and Jai saw Luke and Dianna it was very awkward. Although the image of Luke and Dianna in bed had permanently scarred Ariana, she was thrilled that the two were now a couple. Jai was shocked but none the less happy for the two. And Caitlin was still upset that she couldn't have one big sleepover. The trip started out a little bumpy but everyone ended up having a good time. Jai and Luke hit the slopes every chance they got while Ariana and Dianna spent a significant amount of time at the spa. Caitlin even tried her hand at skiing a little bit but decided that it was a lot more fun to drink hot cocoa at the ice skating rink. The group even enjoyed a real sleigh ride to a fancy restaurant.

"More," Caitlin smiled at Dianna as she added more marshmallows to her hot cocoa.

"Kiddo I think that's enough."

"One more pwetty pwease Auntie Di," Caitlin gave her, her already perfected puppy dog face and Dianna was a goner.

"That's it," Dianna added not one but five more marshmallows.

"Thank you," Caitlin smiled.

Dianna grabbed Caitlin's and Ariana's hot cocoa mugs and decided to come back for her own. "Here Ari," Dianna handed a lounging Ariana her mug of cocoa once she and Caitlin went into the family room.