Chapter 14

**************

Lexi's POV

The next few days I was not left alone at school. Someone or the other would walk with me. Either Crystal, Riley, Jake or Colton. But mostly Colton and Jake.

It was good...I guess...in a way. He did not have the guts to get through to me.

"What do you say about skipping the rest of the day?" Crystal asked me with a twinkle in her eye.

"Skipping?" I started,"I don't..."

"Oh come on Lex! It's been so long since we had a girls day out!" she exclaimed.

I looked from her face to Riley's and then back.

I got my phone out and texted Colton.

Me: Just wanted to let you know that I won't meet you in class cause the girls and I decided to skip..Ttyl8r...

I got a reply almost instantly.

Him: My Lexi? Skipping?! Just kidding..have fun...don't miss me too much ;)
Be safe princess..xoxo

My cheeks heated up as soon as I read the message.

"Aww...Lexi's blushing!!! Was it a text from lover boy?"Crystal asked teasingly and that made me blush even more.

"Shut up!" I said."Anyway, let's go."

We took Riley's car because I rode with Colton and Crystal rode with Drew.

"I call shotgun!" I shouted before Crystal could because I already knew there was no point in asking Riley to let me drive. That girl loved her car with her life.

"That's not fair!" Crystal cried out as she got into the back.

We drove to our usual hangout first and ordered for breakfast.

Riley was glued to her phone. She has been for the past few days...I wonder why.

"Riles? Don't you know it's not polite to use your phone in public?" I said playfully.Surprisingly, she blushed.

"OMG ! Did I actually see your cheeks turn pink?!" Crystal asked Riley dramatically.

"N-No" Why would I blush?! bleh-" she said too quickly.

" Aww do you have a boyfriend?? You know you can tell us." I said.

"No!" she replied.

"A crush?"Crystal asked while wiggling her eyebrows teasingly.

"No!" she replied again, this time a little too quickly, blushing. And let me tell you something...Riley never blushed till date.

Crystal and I exchanged knowing looks and then turned to face Riley.

"Who is he?"we both asked together.

"Fine...I'll tell y'all." she sighed.

"Yay!" Crystal exclaimed.

I just laughed at her and waited for Riley to tell us who the guy was.

"It's um...Matt...Matthew Chambers. He's in my Chem class." she said blushing.

"I know him." I said." I have Trig with him.He's a cool guy."

Crystal squealed and literally jumped over the table to hug Riley. First, I looked at her like as if she was mad but then I smiled and hugged Riley too.

After we were done with our breakfast, we paid the bill and went to Riley's house since there was no one home.

Crystal and I sat down to pick out a movie, Riley went to put some popcorn into the microwave.

We settled on 'A Walk to Remember' although we had watched that movie a million times. It was just that awesome.

The rest of the day was spent watching other movies and we also watched re-runs of One Tree Hill . But the best part of the entire day was teasing Riley to the core. I missed this and that's why we decided to have a 'girls day' once every month without fail.

***********

Just a filler chapter but I still hope you liked it :)