16 "PRINCE ETHAN!! AHH!! OMG-"

Lyla's POV:

The last thing I heard was the yells from Sophie. "But I want to stay with you! Quality time like before!" I made my way upstairs into the little corner of the house where my bedroom was.

I open the door and shut it after me. I lay down onto the white sheets and stare off into the ceiling embraced in my thoughts.

We all most kissed. Ethan and I almost kissed!

But I hate him for it. Him thinking a connection of the lips were gonna fix this, he's thinking wrong. Of course i'd be flattered, just not to the point i'd forgive him.

You might be thinking why i'm so upset with him and that's because he messed with me. My thoughts and my feelings. Maybe if he didn't start cuddling me the whole morning and kissed me I wouldn't have fallen for him-

Am I falling for Ethan? My heart is aching at the thought of wanting nothing but him. It's my brain that's telling me it's a wrong decision.

I shuffle on my side to look out at the star filled night sky. I need to relax my mind from him. Which made me think of one person I knew who could help.

"Morning Lyla." I heard his sweet voice through the phone. "Hey Jace, sorry about last night. Some things just got out of hand."
"It's all good, but what happened?" He asked as I sat up on my pillow and rested my back on the bed head.

"I don't think that's something i'd like to talk about with you. I'm sorry," I say whispering through the phone. "Tell me, I wanna know," I was a little taken back at how much curiosity he had but I shook it off.

"It's nothing. Anyways, the date. What time again?" The pitch of my voice changes to how quick I wanted to change the subject. "Uh, 7 at Waldorf's." I nodded as his words came out.

As I approached the kitchen, a whiff of sweetness entered my nose. That's when I see Ethan sitting down at the white stools in behind chef Anthony cleaning up the counters.

His back was slouched and an elbow rested on the counter to support himself as he played with the freshly made pancakes with his fork. I took closer steps to the stool where a stack of pancakes waited for me too.

Where's Sophie? She's always grabbing onto him like a monkey. Maybe the fight caused something between them. As much ass I hate Sophie I also hate the thought that he's sad because Sophie's gone.

I nervously sit on the stool and grab the fork, "morning.." His head immediately shot up as I gave him a warm half smile.

"Lyla! I'm sorry for last night ok? I didn't mean to be pissed at you, you know that right? It was because you said-" "You know what too? I didn't mean it." I say, cutting him off.

"Listen, we just need to leave it behind us. Ok?" What I was saying is right, conceded but true. "Yea, of course." He says snapping out of the negative mood.

"I've been wondering, where's Sophie?" I shoot out. "Well, I think we both realised the reason why we both weren't on good terms was because of her and I may or may not have kicked her out.." He said so innocently.

He kicked her out because 'we' weren't alright? I wanted to melt in awe but blood pumped through my veins a bit too fast. Was it because he wanted to start a thing with me? Or just be friends? It doesn't really matter anymore since I am going on a date with Jace.

That's when awkwardness filtered over us. Just silence. "I've got a question," which was Ethan's attempt to break the ice. "What is it?" I tell him. "Well.. Down at the paddock, maybe a mile down, there's this place I want to take you. I've never taken someone else down there apart from Gray and it's best if you see it at night."