4

As the sun starts to set, the sky quickly creates a beautiful canvas of warm colors before leaving the town overcast with darkness

As the sun starts to set, the sky quickly creates a beautiful canvas of warm colors before leaving the town overcast with darkness. With the cloak of the night sky above, it signals the impending death of the Mikaelson children. Atë always loved mischief during the nighttime, so she readies herself for the drama soon to come.

The goddess strolls towards Esther standing with poise in the middle of a pentagram. While a side is not chosen on her end, she sought out spectacle, especially with supernatural beings, so Atë does not want Esther to erase an entire species by the end of the night. 

She's selfish and always has been-she told herself that any of her future actions that would aid the siblings would be because she wants to continue the game for her sake. Atë walks forward to face the Original mother, her shrewd face lit up by the harsh flickers from the fire. Esther acknowledges the goddess' presence as Finn lights the torches.

"The pentagram represents our connection to magic. The salt is a symbol of the Earth."

A witch speaks up from behind the fiery figure, "and the torches?" The goddess makes eye contact with Bonnie, the Bennett witch sided with Esther. 

"Five torches, one for each of my children." The mother and her son, Finn, exchange an undecipherable look as he continues on with his job to light the torches. 

Bonnie's mother stands cautious with her hands safely tucked into her jacket pockets, letting her daughter do all the speaking with the persuasive and persistent witch. "What's the spell you're doing?"

Esther answers her, "As the witch who cast the spell that made them vampires, I can also reverse it. When they become human again, they can be killed. As they are linked as one, my brave Finn will be the sacrifice."

Atë snorts at the implication of Finn being brave in all this, forcing the others to turn their attention to the newcomer. Bonnie is quick to ask with a distrustful glint in her eyes, "Who is this?"

The goddess smiles, "It doesn't matter who I am in this moment."

Esther continues with her previous thought, drawing back in the attention of the Bennetts. "With his death will come theirs."

Bonnie's mother finally speaks her mind, peering over at the son ready to surrender his immortal life, "And you're just willing to die?"

Finn glances over at her, "My mother's releasing me from an eternity of shame. It's not a sacrifice. It's a gift." The witch curiously looks at the Mikaelson son as Atë snickers again at his words. There was something so ludicrous about the entirety of the situation, especially Finn's lack of desire to live and embrace his identity. 

She quickly returns back to a neutral look, "Oh don't mind me."

A few moments later, Finn starts desiccating and collapses into a heap onto the ground below, worrying Esther. "Something's wrong."