Accepting Chaos

Combing my fingers through my wavy blonde hair, I stare out at the moon. Cliche right? The stars placed like little diamonds in every direction you looked. And the sky cascaded from pitch black to a soft blue as the sun slipped into a golden slumber. For a moment, it was me and the world and no one else to bother us. The silence was soothing while my mind swayed with the calming breeze.

Someone knocks on the side door and begins talking. "It's going to be a quiet night, right? We'll be back late. Are you okay being by yourself with Kassius?" A lump formed in the back of my throat. No, I'll probably be dead when you return. You have no clue what kind of monster your son is. He'll be my undoing, but then again what do I know?

Lying straight through my teeth with the moon reflecting in my eyes, "He won't even know I'm here. It'll be as if no one is home. Nothing to worry about. Should I be worried about you?" I peered over my shoulder waiting for one of the guys to sarcastically respond to me. The usual.

Chuckling Kieran says, "Pretty sure we can handle hunting by now don't you think?"

Throwing a crumpled piece of paper at him, I return with "Are you sure? I went with you last time and you were having performance issues." Killian was cackling as he bent over slugging our brother in his arms.

"She has a point brother."

"Don't fuel the fire ass-hat."

"Shut up! We better be going. Wouldn't want to upset father...now would we? I love you Charlie! I'll see you when we return. I have to tell you so much about Jackson!" gleefully exclaims Anneliese as she hugs my neck before breaking off to go hunting.

"We'll be fine. Be safe."

"It's our middle name little wolf."

And just like that they vanished into the night. Staring up at the stars, I close my eyes and wish for a safe return. I always hate when they would leave me with the one person who could kill me. Him being the type of werewolf he is - is enough to send me to an early grave. It's just the two of us. Polar opposites in a house by ourselves.The hunt has begun just like it does every other week. A routine that started once he returned from Beacon Hills blinded by someone darker than him. No one dares to question him. I mean would you try to challenge the Demon Wolf? Not unless you had a death wish.

Feeling his presence close by, I slide the door close leaving the beautiful starry night for the rest of the world to be enamored by. Not wanting to deal with his nonsense, I head over to the desk to read over my manifestos and see if I have any new leads on my birth parents.

Maybe I should start from the beginning, right? London, England is the place I call home. The city is always quiet. No one ever gets in my way and I know to steer clear of everyone else. Part of my training, so I don't accidentally kill people due to my supernatural tendencies. You'd be surprised how quiet the city is during summer and winter - well besides the occasional buses honking their horns or the laughter of young children in the building. London isn't necessarily my ideal place to live - but when it's all you have - there's not much to do about it. I've been all around the globe due to my mother as well as in search of my birth parents. So, anywhere and anything can help. I've just been solely living in London for nine years. Deucalion helped train me and inadvertently helped my mom raise me. In the past few years, we've been to Monaco, Mexico, Florida, Maine, and a vacation in France.

Our next door neighbor is one of my best friends. He was born in the States just like me, but after an incident he now lives in London. Lucky me. He definitely has to be taken with a grain of salt, but once you get to know him - he's a sweetheart. Don't let that cold demeanor scare you away. Jackson helps me out when I don't want to deal with Kassius.