do what i gotta do

"where the hell were you at?!" simone's older brother darryl asked her as he confronted her at the door.

"out with mia, like I told you when I left out" she said back.

"you ain't tell me that" he said. "where exactly were you at?!".

"we went to one of the street races darryl, why do you care anyways? you're too busy smoking with these niggas anyways" she scoffed as she went to the kitchen and saw darryl's friends at the table with blunts and beer bottles.

"here comes the buzzkill again" darryl's best friend and right hand man raheem said.

"shut up raheem, shouldn't you be taking care of your son? you see me and darryl more than you see him!" simone shot at him.

"he's with his mother, mind your fucking business simone!" he said to her. "always getting involved in shit you not apart of".

"you still mad that I told mia to stop fucking with you?! ain't nobody got time to be playing step mommy" she said to him again.

simone and raheem have always had a... difficult relationship. raheem always saw simone as annoying and somewhat overbearing over darryl and even him sometimes, regarding him trying to get with mia. meanwhile simone felt like raheem is the reason why her older brother gets into trouble. so they bicker, a lot.

"can y'all both shut the fuck up! damn!" darryl yelled at both of them. "so annoying".

"I miss when simone was quiet. she needs to go back to being a damn church mouse" raheem said as he took a puff from the blunt he had.

"I miss when you were locked up" simone mumbled under her breath. only darryl heard her which is why he shot her a look.

"forget it i'm going upstairs".

"no you not, why were you at the street races?!".

"because mia said that it's fun, I went because I wanted to go out" simone said as she was trying to go upstairs.

"who was racing?" he asked her.

"why do you wanna know all of the details? if you wanna know so bad just go to the races" she said.

simone didn't really know exactly what her brother did. she knew that he would "get in trouble" but she never knew what exactly. he always tried to hide that from her because darryl is older than her, and even though they're only four years apart, he still sees her as a little girl, which drove simone crazy.

darryl and his friends were car hijackers and they hijacked the best cars for their car parts and sold them. most of their car parts went to the street racers in LA so darryl might have known some of the people that simone saw tonight. darryl always keeps his personal life under wraps in his street life when it comes to the people that he deals with. only his cronies know his personal life, and that's how he wanted it to be. the racers didn't know that he had a little sister, and if they did know, he would be pissed.

"tell me who was in the races and i'll leave you alone I swear" he said.

"fine, it was some japanese girl, a black guy, an hispanic guy, I don't know exactly what he was, and a white guy, his name is bullitt" she told him, with a smile on her face after she mentioned brian. "bullitt won the race".

"hispanic huh? and did you ever get the name of that hispanic?" darryl asked her again.

"no darryl I didn't" she scoffed. "are you done interrogating me now?".