SeBy - Trouble

Sela stumbled upon an unknown bar in Makati.

She knows she shouldn't be drinking since she's been sober for at least two days already.

"Sober or suffering?" Sela asked her self as she starts to walk towards the door,

 "Can't find the difference" She thought as she pushed the door but it didn't budge.

She checked the sign, "Pull" it reads so she pulled it but still it didn't budge.

She checked the sign besides the "Pull" Sign and it says "Press the buzzer" and she did.

She heard a click and pulled the door, this time it moved. She smiled as she entered the place.

The vibes of the place is different. The music is lowfi beat, not intrusive but interesting enough to keep you engage. The Ambiance matched the interior of the place. Some parts have bright lights if you prefer to talk face to face with your companion, some are as dark as hell. Maybe if you're up to no good or is a batman-incarnate and likes to brood in darkness.

Then there it is.

Stuck in the middle.

Just right amount of light mixed with the ample amount of darkness.

Sela walked towards the bar and sat on one of the chairs. She signaled for the bartender for the menu in which the latter happily obliged.

She ordered her favorite, "Irish Coffee please with two fingers" she said to the bartender who was quite shock, "Long night" She added with a smile.

The bartender just shook her head and smiled, he then started making her drink.

She checked the place further more.

It seems that this place was built for people like her, people who seeks solace alone, people who wallow in darkness, people who screams silently. There's been a few people around the place but either they're drinking alone or talking softly with each other.

The bartender returned with her drink with a smile. She received the concoction and gestured a thanks to him. He nodded in acknowledgement.

It's been a month already since she left her. Or was it the other way around? She really can't remember.

"Does it even matter?" She thought. She took a one swig from the glass that she's holding and she felt the burning sensation in her throat. She flinched as she swallow the liquid but savored the mixed feeling of pain, fire, and happiness.

She smiled, this is the only thing that can make her feel alive.

She put down the glass and let out a deep sigh.

She know's she's wasting her life just because she left her. Actually that's not what's killing her.

"A mistake to correct another mistake is just like patching a hole from a sinking boat by cutting a new hole" She said out loud.

The bartender smiled and gestured if he can reply, Sela nodded.

"You see, if someone dear to you wronged you, you can deal it with two ways. Either you forgive, forgetting is an option but preferred. The second one is to take it the bad way and..." The waiter gestured as if pointing out what she's doing,

Sela smirked, "How did you know it's someone 'dear' to me?" Sela asked as she downed whatever is left in her glass.

"You wouldn't be here if it wasn't" he replied.

Sela chuckled, "You're expert in this field as well huh?" She asked the bartender.

"If matagal ka ng bartender tulad ko..." He paused as he looked at the other people in bar, "marami ka na ring narinig na kwento. Nabigay na tulong at alak." he added as he gave Sela another drink. "On the house" he said as he smiled.