Our Little Big World :Last Song - Prove

"Are you okay?" Brei asked as she sat beside Jem.

They're at the rooftop of the library, their favorite place, their safe place.

"No." Jem answered with a sullen voice, "but I will be." she added with a small smile as she looked at Brei.

"Ikaw?" Jem asjed.

Brei looked at the skies and pondered if she'll answer the question.

"Hindi," Brei replied, "but I will be." Brei replied with a smile.

Jem chuckled at Brei's attempt of copying her answer.

Their smiles slowly fades as they watched the clouds pass by them.

A few minutes passed and none of them made any sound.

"I..." Jem broke the silence but hesitated.

Brei looked at her with anticipation.

"I think I'm not ready yet." Jem finally finished her words. She looked at Brei and was taken aback.

Brei was smilling.

========

Jem paused for a moment, she wasn't sure what to do next.

She's done with her enrollment and doesn't know what to do.

Where to go.

Ella will be enrolling next week, she's bummed out and just started walking mindlessly.

After a few minutes of walking, she realized she heading toward that place.

Their place.

"Our favorite place." She corrected herself.

She walked towards the door of the rooftop garden and was about to open it when suddenly it opened by itself.

She saw a girl, a familiar girl.

"Yssa?" She thought. She's one of her lower classman.

Jem's not sure why she was there but if there is one thing Jem was sure, is that Yssa was crying.

"Minding my own business." She reminded herself after she was tempted to go after that poor girl.

She continued walking towards the  rooftop. She looked at the place where they used to sit together and she was enlightened.

She made an "oh" face after realizing what happened to Yssa.

She just shook her head and started to walk towards the stairs.

She doesn't want to disturb Amy and who ever is that other girl and whatever they're doing.

She again, started to walk mindlessly when she heard a familiar voice.

"Sabi ko na nga dito kita makikita." the voice caught Jem by surprise.

She looked down and saw a familiar smiling face.

=======

"Thanks for the update Sheki" Jem smiled towards the girl who's eating almost all of the food from the cafeteria, "But why give me these news?" Jem asked in confusion.

Sheki swallowed the mouthful food she had before answering.

"Well, akala ko mag tatanong ka tungkol kay Dana. So ayun, binigay ko na, para di ka mabigla na makita mo silang dalawa ni Gia." Sheki answered quickly as she gobbled up another set of meal.

"Ay assuming ka teh na need ko ng update sa kanya?" Jem answered as she rolled her eyes.

"Ay wow, masungit? Ako na naga to nag alala ako pa naging kontrabida." Sheki replied.