Chapter 10: Haiba Lev

Start from the beginning

~ ~ ~

"Who is she? Is she from Nekoma?"

"Huh? Nekoma has a manager?"

"She looks so cute! Go for her later."

"Nekoma is blessed for a beautiful goddess.."

(Y/N) really stands out in the crowd, her old unapproachable presence has disappeared. Her face is showing that she doesn't like crowds especially because it's full of boys. We made eye contact, I could sense she's having a hard time trying to stay awake because she hasn't drunk coffee. I feel my cheeks heating up for what I'm about to do. I gently grabbed her hand, she was surprised at first, but relaxed after.

"(Y/N)-san, you're gonna get left behind." I looked away and we continued walking.

That is until we saw our rival team, Karasuno.

"Lev, I'll borrow her for a sec.." I heard as Yamamoto grabbed her other hand and went with his friends in Karasuno.

"We finally have a manager!" Yamamoto introduced her, I smiled because she looked happy seeing the two new boys. Her smiles are really contagious.

"Oh? Lev!" The orange haired boy that I know well greeted me.

"Hinata! Did you grow taller?" I asked him with a cheeky smile.

"Hehe, I grew 2 more centimeters after our last meeting." He puffs his chest like those 2 centimeters are his pride. I laughed at him while he grumbled.

"Don't lose yet. We are definitely going to battle." Hinata said, then he was dragged away by Kageyama calling him 'dumbass'. Poor kid.

"We stay on this side before the ceremony starts. There's a quick meeting for all the coaches in 5 minutes. I'm counting on you to take care of them, (Y/N)." Nekomata sensei made his announcement and left us again.

"Copy that, Nekomata sensei!" She replied then followed by a big yawn, which made us all chuckle. I've gotta admit, the nervousness is starting to run in my system.

"Why so sleepy, (Y/N)? Did something happen yesterday?" Kai asked (Y/N) while she took a seat beside me.

Well that escalated quickly.

Calm down, Lev.

"Well now that you asked, yes something did happen yesterday.." She leans on the wall, everyone gathered around to hear her mini announcement.

"You guys know the fact that my mother is single after my dad passed away.." They all nodded.

"And that after healing those painful wounds in her heart, she happened to date Uncle Byakuya for a while now.." They nodded once more.

What a bunch of curious cats I say, well by our school's name and..

Well, that would also be me if Senku didn't tell me..

Uhhh, don't mind me and my thoughts.

"They got engaged yesterday, and I'm going to have a father and a big brother now. That's why I wasn't able to come by practice because it was an important day for them. Honestly I feel proud for my mom, and at the same time I also miss my dad. I know that my dad won't be happy if he knows that my mom is still crying about him. So I think that now that mom is happy, he's also happy even if he's not around anymore." She finished, yawning once more which made everyone laugh on how cute our manager is.

"She might invite all of you.. I'm giving a warning now.." She laughs and offers a group hug for the team which everyone, surprisingly even Kenma joined.