Chapter 8: Haiba Lev

Start from the beginning

Geez, what a bunch of curious cats.

"It was the time when Kuroo and (Y/N) broke up.. Yaku-senpai knows how I have a little crush on (Y/N) and maybe until now. I was jealous with Kuroo back when he was in a relationship with (Y/N). I left you guys that day to clear off my thoughts because for some reason I felt angry.. I mean my crush is finally single, shouldn't I be happy instead? It felt wrong because I realized I can't have all the good things immediately.. it needs time to make it the best, and I know that time wasn't the best time to celebrate or feel happy because I highly respect my senpais.." I started, smiling at how I'm telling them a weird story about myself.

I mean I've never done this before.

"That afternoon, I didn't noticed that there were some chemicals of Senku's invention dropped from the soda I was drinking that time.. and the next thing that happened is everything turn black.. This is the hard part to explain now. It felt so dark and alone, I can only feel the panting of my body because my body is moving on its own. It felt so hopeless, I only felt the pain when someone shot my leg.." I showed them the scar on my leg, I don't really feel anything with that anymore because that happened with Ricky.

".. It was so hard that I was crying for help, but no one heard me. Until I accidentally landed on (Y/N)'s backyard.. she did the impossible, and that is taming the lion.. and that lion.. that lion named Ricky that (Y/N) always brings here,

that's me.." I paused, looking at my teammates some are teary eyed like Yaku-senpai, and some are intrigued with my story.

"While she tamed.. my body who is only functioning without me in it.. I hope you get it, it's like my body is being programmed on its own. She took the initiative to sacrifice her arm which has bite marks.. she hides it because she doesn't want to worry anyone.. that's how I finally get to control my body again." I sadly smiled, remembering how she would cover it everyday until she goes to bed.

"(Y/N) has been taking care of me this whole time, and the more I spend time with her, the more I fall in love with her.. She's a beautiful and smart woman with great dreams. It's one of the reasons why we kept this project from her later on because Senku wanted to make her feel like a normal highschool girl and also for not to blame herself.. but we all know that having a pet lion is definitely not in the list of being a normal girl. She accepted me for who I am, both as Ricky and Lev. For me,

Ricky is also part of me and now that he's gone, he will always be a part of me. (Y/N) deserves to know the truth and tonight I would finally tell her everything.. I'm talking about Ricky, and also my feelings for her both as Lev and Ricky. I'm sorry for not being the best, me calling to be an ace when I don't understand bonds and teamworks. But with (Y/N), she taught me a wonderful relationship. Her friendship with Senku is definitely a relationship with communication, love, and trust.. just like in a team. I promise to keep doing my best and be a more reliable person. Thank you for having me again and for listening to me."

I bowed to my teammates with respect, I felt some tears forming on my eyes. I've brought them nothing but trouble, I may have the height but the skills and the lessons they've taught me is still something I couldn't keep up.

"Lift your head up, Lev." I hear Kuroo said. Suddenly I felt a hug from my senpai, Yaku. He's definitely crying. He may have that feeling all along that it was his fault for letting me go that day.

"Yaku-senpai, it's not your fault. Please don't blame yourself.." I hugged him back, missing Yaku screaming and roundkicking me when I don't listen.

"You'll still be an idiot for me.." Yaku sniffs, making everyone chuckle.

The team joined after Yaku, giving a group hug no matter how cringy it is for Kenma. He gave an exception for now.

"You've grown mature for two months, Lev. I'm proud of you." Kuroo told me, softly punching my shoulder for support.

I guess I'm glad that I have them as my family.

After opening up to the team, I felt like they understood me more and I've grown more closer to them. It's the start of a building a firm foundation to the next 3 years I'll be with them.

"You're just in time before the nationals. Welcome back to the team, Lev."

~ ~ ~

Today was also the day that I can go play volleyball again. Yaku-senpai polished my receives, I sure miss his round kicks. Kenma still scolds me for missing plenty of spikes, and he's quite scary when he's mad. Everything is back to normal, except that (Y/N) isn't around.

My body is still adjusting to human movements again, but that's fine.

Senku texted me that they have plans for today so we probably won't be seeing each other tonight. He said it's something important, but I hope it's nothing bad. Kuroo also told us a while ago that he got a text from (Y/N) that she won't be around for today.

All I could think about is how will I approach (Y/N), I mean I'm scared of rejection, don't get me wrong.

The day feels so slow,

I just wanted to see her.

~ ~ ~

Chapter 9 will be on Friday or Saturday (after my exam on that day 😭). Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Writing has been really fun and honestly maybe I'll post my other works that are just laying on my drafts (just maybe no promises! 😅).

I'm not sure when can I release Chapter 10 yet, so stay tuned everyone!

another sidenote: Ranpo in Bungou Stray Dogs is goals 🥺 I wish I can also have his brain cells (I also want Senku's brain cells tbh 😩) to survive online classes really need them 😂😭.

That's all and stay safe!! ❤️