Introduction

31st December 2014 shall probably be always etched into every Indian cricket fans mind.

The Captain cool MS Dhoni retired from test cricket so abruptly that it almost shook all of us.

And a young Virat Kohli took over the reigns overnight.

But why had MS retired?

Well the fans who watched cricket closely that time could actually see there was some tension between Virat and MSD, it was visible on field, it was visible on the media reports too.

And it's not hard to believe that with slipping test rankings, a younger Virat may have felt that a change of leadership would do the team good...His love for India may have surprassed his love for MSD.

And after MSD's retirement, something magical happened to Virat too. The arrogance of Virat Kohli waned away and most importantly he started to hang onto Mahendra Singh Dhoni.

Also it was around this time the term "Mahi Bhai" started to be heard.

And Virat and Dhoni officially became MahiRat...what could have broken them, made them stronger than ever... And this is the story of what happened.

Please give this story support guys, this a very special story for me as it deals with the making of my MahiRat. And without your support this story would be nothing. I was very scared to start it...I am still scared about your reaction, please give this a chance.

Disclaimer: This is my interpretation of what happened during that period...and it in no way demeans Virat, I actually love Virat as much as I love Mahi bhai...this just a fanfic...based on what I had observed back in that time...and I in no way or form claim that this is exactly what happened.

Special mention to bleedblue2011 siri_reddy who nagged me enough to force me to start this over my fears amd apprehensions.