"He is the Epsilon!" Niran hissed. "You think he is going to allow a strange male to enter his house?"

I rolled my eyes and went to the main door. I knew who was inside. Apart from Rune, Lawan and Erica were lounging. Perfect. Everyone I needed to talk to was here. 

The cameras caught my face and scanned my iris. Since I was on the trusted list, I could bring anyone I wanted. 

Lawan was sprawled on the couch while Erica was sitting on the bar stool, talking with someone in a low voice. Rune on the other hand was frowning at the mango cake before him.

The Theta took a minute to recognise that I was alive and well. And that I had brought in a guest.

Lawan shot up from the couch and rushed to me, trapping me in a bear hug. "Draco! Oh! Thank Kamaria! You're alive! Do you have any idea how worried I was?"

Erica looked at me as if she was seeing a ghost. She cut the call and inched carefully towards me. "You... you are Draco?"

"Don't be dramatic," I wheezed from Lawan's grasp.

Lawan held tightly onto me. "You're alive, Draco! You're alive."

I patted her. "I am fine, Lawan. I truly am."

When she let me go, I turned to introduce the vampire I had brought with me. But Niran was not looking at me or any of the females. His gaze was locked on Rune who was standing behind the kitchen counter.

For a second I thought they were enemies or something. Like they had fought in the past and they still had to determine the outcome. But Niran's gaze told me another story. It was filled with awe as if he found the treasure he had been searching for all his life.

Rune blinked at the new vampire in his house. And all I knew was that I was no longer welcome between the two. I had to get out before this scent of desire suffocated me.

Lawan whistled lowly. "Who is this?"

I suppressed a smirk. "Niran Chankul. He works for Torre."

Erica gasped. "So... Torre's not dead? What happened?"

But neither male was interested in our conversation as they just stood where they were and stared into each other's eyes as if they could not believe the other was right in front of them.

Lawan glanced between the two and she frowned. "Are you both going to stare into each other's eyes for the rest of the day?"

"I would love to," Niran said with a wide grin. "Look at those eyes, female. The perfect shade of milk chocolate, the one that will definitely make you crave it again. The one that will give you cavities. It has that slight gradation from darker to lighter. I almost mistook the ring just out of his pupil to be the colour of honey. Did you see that black ring? The kind of circle you will put around something important. Those flecks! By Kamaria! It tells me how many secrets he has if I could count them. I really do want to know each of them personally. And-"

"Enough!" Rune shouted, flustered. That was the first time I ever saw that faint pink colour over his cheeks.

Erica's jaws dropped. "Are you both mates?"

While Rune was still in shock, Niran's grin became wider. "A big yes."

"Wow," Lawan let me go and stared at them. "Rune is mated! I never thought I would live to see that day."

Rune finally looked at his Theta. "What do you mean by that?"

Lawan coughed. "Well, at this point, I thought you were mated to your work. So... you finding a mate, gives me hope. That there is a chance of romance for everyone out there."