Prologue

In Khanna mansion,

Drishti's POV

I've been knocking on Divi's door for the past 10 minutes and she's not opening, looks like she's again turned off her alarm and slept.

I opened the door with the spare key I have to see her sleeping like as if there is no tomorrow, my little sister can do anything in this world perfectly except for waking up early. I go near her and pull her blanket.

Me: Divi, wake up.
No response.

I know what to do.
Me: Divi it's already 2 pm.

Divi dashes up like as if she has heard that she is going to die.

Divi: Di, why didn't you wake me up, I have to go for the photo-shoot to make my portfolio, I'm late, oh God.

I point at the clock and she looks at it and gets shocked.
Divi: Di, it's only 9 am and you woke me up this early!

Me: you have a lot of things to do now; you have to choose your dress for the photo-shoot which I'm sure will take at least 2 HOURS FOR YOU!

Divi: you know I want everything perfect and I want my portfolio to be outstanding and for that I need the perfect dress which you will help me choose from my closet.

Me: really sorry little sis but I have to get to an orphanage in the morning, I told you yesterday itself.

Divi: but, I don't know what to wear!

she makes her usual puppy dog eyes and pout to make me agree and she knows it always works with me.
Me: no, stop making that face, I promised to go there and meet the kids and now I can't cancel it.

Gauri: you know, you can postpone the photo-shoot.

ok, I did not see her come in.
Me: where did you pop up from? I didn't see you come in!

Gauri: if you both have time to spare some glance at this poor door over here then you might have seen me open it and come in!

Divya burst out laughing hearing Gauri's sarcastic comment, seriously what is funny in this?
Divi: but how will I postpone it?

Gauri: if your sister agrees to come for the photo-shoot then any photographer will postpone it.

Divi: great idea.

Me: no you're not doing it, it is not professional.

Divi: but... (I cut in)

Me: I have another idea, why don't you two go to my designer? You know she has designed the best dresses and for a fact for the past nine years whichever award I get I also get complimented for my dress.

Divi: but Di you won't be there.

Me: I will come by the time the shoot starts and I know she will choose the perfect dress for you, now stop being stubborn and got freshen up.

As soon as Divya left for the washroom Gauri gives me a look that says this is not good.
Me: why are you giving me that look?

Gauri: I am supposed to come with you to the orphanage then how will I go with Divi to the designer? I am your manager, you know that right?

Me: of course I know that, but I'm not a baby that needs babysitting all the time, Divi needs you more today and besides I have Dad with me!

Gauri was about to say something but stops, I know what she was about to say and she knows I don't want to hear it.
I give her a reassuring smile which both of us know is fake. She leaves the door without saying anything.
I know why she's adamant about coming with me, she doesn't want to leave me alone, she left me alone five years ago only for a single night and that day changed my life forever. After that day I've never gone out alone, I've always had someone with me, I've never driven my car after that, I've never been able to be genuinely happy for a long time after that. I pull down my sleeve and look at the small scar on the side of my shoulder. Whenever I see it, it reminds me of that day.
A small tear escapes my eyes but I wipe it away, I have to be strong and happy for my family and myself which is one of the main reasons why I didn't tell them what happened that day. But for how long will I be able to hide the truth from them?

In Shergill industries,

Rakshit's POV,

For the past half, an hour my manager Vinay is blabbering to me about some actress named Drishti I guess, seriously he thought I would invite a stupid actress for the inauguration of my new hotel, Never!

Me: Vinay, I have told you a thousand times and I'm repeating it once more, no actress is going to inaugurate mu hotel.

Vinay: but sir, she's very famous and if she comes it will get more publicity.

Me: I don't care how famous she is, I care that she is an actress and I DON'T WANT AN ACTRESS TO INAUGURATE MY HOTEL!

Vinay: yes... sir.. but whom should we call?
it was evident from his face that he got scared by my shouting.

Me: I don't care whom you call, it should not be an actress, there are still 4 days for the inauguration and by that time I need someone and money is not a problem, I'll give them how much ever they want.

Vinay: yes sir.
As soon as I saw Vinay leave I saw Raj coming in, Great now he will have a lot of advice to give me.

Raj: what did you do today? That poor guy looked as if you gave him death warning!

Me: I would've if he would have booked an actress to inaugurate my hotel.

Raj: Seriously, what is wrong with an actress? You don't even watch movies.

For his information, I did watch movies like DDLJ, and some others also when I was a kid but I don't want to explain everything now I just have to make my point clear.
Me: they are gold diggers, they can do anything for money.

Raj: that is your viewpoint, but not all actresses are and a few of them maybe but what is your problem? They'll just inaugurate the hotel and go.

I know, I can't argue with him as he always wins.
Me: but, ok fine do whatever you want, just make sure whichever actress you call an actress who is popular enough to make our hotel popular and if you can tell her to stay away from me.

Raj: How can I tell her to stay away from the owner of the hotel?

Me: you know what I mean?

Raj: ok, ok, I'll find the perfect one.

He leaves still smirking at me, I know I lose to him all the time because he brings up some valid point which is always true and I won't be able to argue further. But I'm grateful to God for giving me a brother like him, mainly because he always helps me choose the right decision and away from trouble.
Except for that day, If I go back in time and if he was there with me would I be able to change anything? Will that horrible day change?
Who am I kidding? That is not possible, maybe if he was there with me that day that would not have happened, but it did! For the past five years I'm suffering, will I ever be able to do my wrong, right? Will I be ever able to get forgiveness? Will I ever be able to get out of my guilt?

Precap: First meet.

***********************************************************************************************

So Guys how was it?

Please comment if this is good or not and if I should improve it.

Criticisms are welcome.