rules pt 1

Okay so what if Cameron didn't care about Taj and China, genuinely? Since he was with Tiffanie and she wasn't really enough to take his attention away from China, I think he would have had to be with someone he really liked. Around the time Taj and China slipped up, he'd just gotten back with Tiffanie for the umpteenth time. I think that's the element that would have had to change. Keep in mind they didn't know they were brothers yet.

I'm going to do another Taj chapter after this. Probably in a few weeks because that scenario takes a little more deep diving. *coughs*

discuss right hurr

//

Taj stood at the door and nervously rubbed his palms together. He knew this conversation was going to be a mess but it needed to happen. He loved Cameron too much to keep something like this from him.

"Taj, hey!"

"Hey Maya, Cam home?"

"Yup he's playing video games in his room, per usual, " she said, opening the door wide enough for him to walk in.

"Cool. Thanks, " he said, tousling her hair. He jogged up the stairs and walked into Cameron 's bedroom to see him playing just like Maya said.

"What's up Taj?"

"Hey Cam. We need to talk. I have something to tell you and you might not like it."

"Listen, " Cameron was so deep into the game he didn't even look away. "If you're here to lecture me about Kitty again... save it. I realized I was being desperate and stupid so I broke up with her for good. I've been chilling with Sarah lately. I think we might start talking,"

"I'm happy for you. I swear I am and we can talk about that but that's not what this is about. It's about me and China."

Cameron stopped his game abruptly, looking over at Taj who was still standing in the doorway. "Okay come sit down then, "

Taj sat down quickly. "So there's no way to ease into this. I have no other excuse besides Hennessey. So I have to just lay it on you... I kissed China."

"You kissed China?"

"Yeah. I kissed your ex and I almost banged her. I'm so sorry,"

"When was this?"

"Last week," he sighed. "She came over to talk. Which is normal. We always talk to each other about shit and we're always alone. But this time we decided to drink and I just... kissed her. I caught myself after I opened a condom. Being drunk isn't an excuse. I was dead ass wrong."

"She kiss you back?"

"Yeah but I initiated it. I just lost control,"

"Okay so it's not like you forced yourself on her or something, "

"Oh Nah. I'm not like that. That's not something I'd ever do."

"You guys never expressed interest in each other before," Cameron shrugged. "Did you 'lose control' or do you think you might be starting to like her? You two have gotten pretty close in the past year,"

"I mean she's cool but I wouldn't do that to you,"

Cameron smirked and shrugged. "I mean it's a little awkward but don't worry about me. Have you guys been talking? "

"Mostly about the incident. We hung out a few times since then."

"Could you see yourself with her? Be real with me."

"Now, yeah. It's crazy because I never used to look at her like that. I mean I always thought she was cute but one day out of the blue she just got kinda..."

"Sexy?"

"... Hell yeah,"

Both boys laughed.

"If you guys want to see where it goes... then I don't have any reason as to why you shouldn't. I swear I'm cool on it. "

Taj nodded.

"But Taj,"

"Yeah?"

"Please make your intentions with her clear."

"I will,"

"Seriously, do not hurt her. If at any point you feel like it's something you don't want... just tell her. Don't step out, cheat, or abandon her."

Taj wanted to be offended but truth be told, he'd never been in a relationship before. And the only other "good girl" he associated with was his childhood friend Diamond. It wouldn't take much for him to fuck it all up seeing as how he had no idea what he was doing.

"I'll treat her right. You have my word."

"Good," Cameron nodded then handed Taj a controller.

Taj chuckled and grabbed it from him as the game unpaused. "So. Tell me about you and Sarah. That's that thick white girl who may or may not be white, right?"

"Taj, no- I can't stand you,"